This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

joined #chan but didn't want to!

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
l
l337
Voice

joined #chan but didn't want to!

Post by l337 »

How to disable this function ? I've an eggdrop on my psybnc and I don't want he part the chan I do... I don't want to do .+chan #chan.. for each chan I join. How to disable the "auto-part" on eggdrop ? thanks ;)
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
l
l337
Voice

Post by l337 »

je ne vois pas ou c'est ?
l
l337
Voice

Post by l337 »

i've read this .. don't found anything relating my prob.
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

l337 wrote:I don't want to do .+chan #chan.. for each chan I join.
From eggdrop.conf:
#### CHANNELS MODULE ####
# Here is a shorter example:
#
# channel add #botcentral {
# chanmode "+mntisl 1"
# idle-kick 1
# }
# channel set #botcentral +bitch +enforcebans -greet +revenge
i.e. for each channel you wish to add, edit your bot configuration file and add for each channel you want the bot to sit in. Alternatively, just add one channel and then search the TCL Archive for a script where you can add channels dynamically i.e. via a public trigger.
l337 wrote:je ne vois pas ou c'est ?
From "Setting up an Eggdrop":
channel add: this is the command you use to add channels to the bot. There are lots of options for this command. Channels are added in the following format:
svp lu avec soin.
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
^DooM^
Owner

Re: joined #chan but didn't want to!

Post by ^DooM^ »

l337 wrote:How to disable this function ? I've an eggdrop on my psybnc and I don't want he part the chan I do... I don't want to do .+chan #chan.. for each chan I join. How to disable the "auto-part" on eggdrop ? thanks ;)
Eggdrop will not stay in a channel that it has been forced to join because it will not have a channel entry in its botnick.chan file so it leaves. As Alchera suggested the best way of doing this if you cant be arsed to .+chan for each channel you want your eggdrop to sit in is find a public trigger script for !join #channel or the like. Even if you did stop your eggdrop from parting a channel it was forced to join it would just sit there and never op, ban or do anything untill it has its required information in its chanfile.
The lifecycle of a noob is complex. Fledgling noobs gestate inside biometric pods. Once a budding noob has matured thru gestation they climb out of their pod, sit down at a PC, ask a bunch of questions that are clearly in the FAQ, The Noob is born
d
dwickie
Halfop

Post by dwickie »

sorry for digging out few years old topic, but:

how do i add channe, when eggdrop joins in it? i tried bind join and than check if nick==botnick and add channel, but i found this quite not working :/
YooHoo
Owner

Post by YooHoo »

dwickie wrote:sorry for digging out few years old topic, but:

how do i add channe, when eggdrop joins in it? i tried bind join and than check if nick==botnick and add channel, but i found this quite not working :/
you need to read, like all good soldiers :lol: Channels Module