wont add me...

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
F
Fibercom
Voice

wont add me...

Post by Fibercom »

when i do /msg Lamestbot Hello it just says that nick not found on server.

i am trying to connect to irc.gamesurge.net:6667
D
DjBeNNeTT
Voice

Post by DjBeNNeTT »

Open RUnonce instead off eggdrop.exe and read the errors it gives you.
F
Fibercom
Voice

Post by Fibercom »

umm kind of new to eggdrop and where excatly is that file
F
Fibercom
Voice

Post by Fibercom »

ok heres the eggdrop.log that i happen to come across
[03:00] -ERROR from server- Your host is trying to (re)connect too fast -- throttled
[03:05] Last message repeated 4 time(s).
[03:05] NICK IN USE: Trying 'Fibercom.Bot'
[03:05] NICK IN USE: Trying 'Fibercom.Bot0'
[03:05] NICK IN USE: Trying 'Fibercom.Bot1'
[03:05] NICK IN USE: Trying 'Fibercom.Bot2'
[03:05] NICK IN USE: Trying 'Fibercom.Bot3'
[03:05] NICK IN USE: Trying 'Fibercom.Bot4'
[03:05] NICK IN USE: Trying 'Fibercom.Bot5'
[03:05] NICK IN USE: Trying 'Fibercom.Bot6'
[03:05] NICK IN USE: Trying 'Fibercom.Bot7'
[03:05] NICK IN USE: Trying 'Fibercom.Bot8'
[03:05] -ERROR from server- Closing Link: by TuXhost.DE.EU.GameSurge.net (Registration Timeout)
[03:06] -ERROR from server- Your host is trying to (re)connect too fast -- throttled
[03:10] Last message repeated 3 time(s).
[03:10] * TERMINATE SIGNAL -- SIGNING OFF
[03:12] -Global (Global@Services.GameSurge.net)- ------------- MESSAGE(S) OF THE DAY --------------
[03:12] -Global (Global@Services.GameSurge.net)- [all] Notice from Alacard2k, posted 10:42 AM, 01/22/2006:
[03:12] -Global (Global@Services.GameSurge.net)- Virus Warning: As always someone is trying to get you to execute a trojan virus on your machine. It will usually come in the way of a message that tells you to download a file and run it. This file can be disguised as a fix :for a game, a quiz, a contest, a screen saver, or even nudie pictures. You're advised to not download anything that someone tells you to over IRC. While it may not always be a trick, you should always expect it to be one.
[03:12] -Global (Global@Services.GameSurge.net)- ---------- END OF MESSAGE(S) OF THE DAY ----------
[03:12] -ERROR from server- Closing Link: Lamestbot by TuXhost.DE.EU.GameSurge.net (G-lined (AUTO [1 hour] Unsecured HTTP proxy, please fix your web proxy configuration to fix this or see http://www.gamesurge.net/cms/Proxy%20G-lines/ for more information.))
[03:13] * TERMINATE SIGNAL -- SIGNING OFF
[03:18] -ERROR from server- Closing Link: Lamestbot by TuXhost.DE.EU.GameSurge.net (G-lined)
[03:20] Last message repeated 2 time(s).
[03:20] Telnet connection: cpe-66-75-24-0.san.res.rr.com/1815
[03:20] Timeout/EOF ident connection
[03:21] * TERMINATE SIGNAL -- SIGNING OFF
[03:23] -ERROR from server- Closing Link: Lamestbot by TuXhost.DE.EU.GameSurge.net (G-lined)
[03:24] * TERMINATE SIGNAL -- SIGNING OFF
[03:27] -ERROR from server- Closing Link: Lamestbot by TuXhost.DE.EU.GameSurge.net (G-lined)
[04:02] Last message repeated 34 time(s).
[04:02] * TERMINATE SIGNAL -- SIGNING OFF
Please Help me!
D
DjBeNNeTT
Voice

Post by DjBeNNeTT »

[03:12] -ERROR from server- Closing Link: Lamestbot by TuXhost.DE.EU.GameSurge.net (G-lined (AUTO [1 hour] Unsecured HTTP proxy, please fix your web proxy configuration to fix this or see http://www.gamesurge.net/cms/Proxy%20G-lines/ for more information.))
They do not seem to like your connection. Visit http://www.gamesurge.net/cms/Proxy%20G-lines/ take a look at the info it gives you.

Good luck

Also, regarding RunOnce.. its called RunOnce.bat. Icon has a gold cog in a window.

If you dont see it nevermind, personally i use this to check any errors quicker when starting eggdrop.
F
Fibercom
Voice

Post by Fibercom »

ok this is making me mad if someone could look at my config and tell me if i have it correctly i will pm you with it.
D
DjBeNNeTT
Voice

Post by DjBeNNeTT »

I have not yet recieved a PM...

Anyway, try that link, read what it says.
But aswell, check your config is right for ident and stuff... Its a bugger with irc.quakenet.org
D
DjBeNNeTT
Voice

Post by DjBeNNeTT »

PM received...

Because i do not use that IRC Network I do not know what they need. But i think that your config looks fine and to be working.

So again, Check out that link in the above post. If you do not understand anything post in here or contact the IRC Operators.
F
Fibercom
Voice

Post by Fibercom »

lol i dont understand anything on that.<-------new to eggdrop
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

There are no shortcuts to running eggdrop and a lot of READING is required:

Setting up an Eggdrop
Using Your Eggdrop
Enhancing Your Eggdrop
Eggdrop Command Reference
Frequently Asked Questions

In eggdrop.conf pay attention to the Network type; Ultimate, Unreal and Bahamut are all type 3.
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
F
Fibercom
Voice

Post by Fibercom »

i read those alrdy. my conf is right ust auto glines me...
DragnLord
Owner

G:line

Post by DragnLord »

-ERROR from server- Closing Link: Lamestbot by TuXhost.DE.EU.GameSurge.net (G-lined (AUTO [1 hour] Unsecured HTTP proxy, please fix your web proxy configuration to fix this or see http://www.gamesurge.net/cms/Proxy%20G-lines/ for more information.))
Says it all, you are getting G:lined because the computer it is running has been detected to be running an unsecured proxy.
Contact the administrator(s) for the machine you are running the bot on, those are the only people that can fix it.
Post your problem to their support personnel.