This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

autovoice && devoice on spam

Requests for complete scripts or modifications/fixes for scripts you didn't write. Response not guaranteed, and no thread bumping!
d
d4rkm3n
Voice

autovoice && devoice on spam

Post by d4rkm3n »

hi,
i´m looking for a script but i didn´t find anything, so i post my ideas:
the eggdrop autovoices all users who join the channel. if a users tries to spam the eggdrop devoices the user and sends a warning to him. after he did this he gives the user his voice back again. when the same user tries to spam again he will lose his voice for three minutes, on another trie for 6, then 9 , 12 and on 15 he gets a ban for 12 hours. on devoiceing acts the eggdrop has to recognize the users ip, so a nickchange and a part+join will be senseless, because the bot doesn´t autovoicec them.
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

And why are you so tolerant? IMO he should be kicked if the offense is repeated after first warning.
d
d4rkm3n
Voice

Post by d4rkm3n »

i prefer not to kick them. revoking voice is quite better i think :)
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

d4rkm3n wrote:i prefer not to kick them. revoking voice is quite better i think :)
Which is basically inoperable if the channel in question is set +m (they cannot write anything in main without voice) but ok if set, only Ops can chat. :)
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
De Kus
Revered One

Post by De Kus »

hower he can bind a proc to FLUD like 'bind FLUD -|- pub myfloods' in your 'proc myfloods {nick uhost hand type chan} {...}' you could then customize the punishments. however remembering the offenders etc. will make the script a little complexer, depending on the storage methode you chose. You can:
save by creating user records
add hosts to a user record
manage an own list which of course needs its own save file then (unless you don't care about permanent devoice)
De Kus
StarZ|De_Kus, De_Kus or DeKus on IRC
Copyright © 2005-2009 by De Kus - published under The MIT License
Love hurts, love strengthens...