This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

BanManager

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
De Kus
Revered One

BanManager

Post by De Kus »

This is a rather simply but still usefull script. It's main purpose is adding any ban made via "MODE +b" on IRC to the bots
ban list (which is saved to the userfile) and adding the creator handle name to it. It should rejeact all bans made to
more privileged users, from strangeres at all and removing bans from less priviledge than the creator. This behavior is only active on channels with +enforcebans (since it would kill the purpose of -enforcebans :)). The default output
language is now English, but I added the German descriptions to the phrases so you should be able to use these instead :).

- full support for public +ban command in the same style as it works with mode +b (meaning it checks for matching bans and performs a "banrank" lookup). The usage of this command is the same as in partyline, except that no chan is given (global bans use an extra command).

Please report bugs, because I am soon gonna upload an update to the script archieve.

Download v1.5:
http://home.arcor.de/dekus/banmanager.zip
http://home.arcor.de/dekus/banmanager.tar.bz2
Last edited by De Kus on Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:54 am, edited 3 times in total.
De Kus
StarZ|De_Kus, De_Kus or DeKus on IRC
Copyright © 2005-2009 by De Kus - published under The MIT License
Love hurts, love strengthens...
De Kus
Revered One

Post by De Kus »

I just wanted fix a bug that might occur if a ban contains [] characters when I thought I should change the '$botnick == x' expression to '[isbotnick x]' I noticed this script is from ages I used 2 spaces instead of tab to format the source... so I reformated it with tabs and... found the worst and stupid bug ever. My whole intention was to check if the ban mages someone supperior, but since I wrote "set x" instead "set x $y" it nether ever actually worked... so this version is the ultimate bugfix for my stupiest bug that ever last that long within one of my scripts :(. I know this is unexcusable, but I still solict you to punish me with leniency!

changes in 1.4.1:
- added escaping of [] in string match
- fixed a logical error within getbanrank

Update:
archive updated
De Kus
De Kus
Revered One

Post by De Kus »

hmm, I just noticed I again didn't upload the changes after a while :D.
Well, nothing really much has changed, I just made kind of a copy of +ban and made a +gban. No idea if this is really usefull, but maybe the script contains some uncommented bug fixes which I tend to add from time to time :D.

So new version is 1.5 now.
De Kus