This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Bot not honoring bans

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
b
bleak
Voice

Bot not honoring bans

Post by bleak »

Every time an op sets a ban in one of the channels my bot is in (and opped), the bot immediately removes the ban. I have +userbans set as a global default, stopnethack is 0, and bounce-bans/bounce-modes are both 0. Can anybody tell me how to fix this?
gumbydammit
Master

Post by gumbydammit »

I have +userbans set as a global default,
dont use the conf for channel settings.. see what it's set to with .chaninfo and set it with .chanset

the conf is for "new" channels. Afterwards all channel data is stored in the .chan file and changed with .chanset
a.k.a. hellios
b
bleak
Voice

Post by bleak »

gumbydammit wrote:
I have +userbans set as a global default,
dont use the conf for channel settings.. see what it's set to with .chaninfo and set it with .chanset

the conf is for "new" channels. Afterwards all channel data is stored in the .chan file and changed with .chanset
.chaninfo shows +userbans is set for all channels monitored by my bot. Still removing bans set by other users, though; even mine, and I'm the bot owner.