This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

register/auth system

Requests for complete scripts or modifications/fixes for scripts you didn't write. Response not guaranteed, and no thread bumping!
t
tekster
Voice

register/auth system

Post by tekster »

i was wondering if there was a script that allows you to message the bot with 'register <name> <password> <email>' and to auth 'auth <name> <password>' or where i would start something liek that, if its even possible with tcl, thx
m
metroid
Owner

Post by metroid »

That depends on what you hope to achieve by doing this. If you are looking for something what undernet/qnet use, you can't do that on eggdrop.
t
tekster
Voice

Post by tekster »

not sure what undernet/qnet uses, but what i was going to try to do was pm the bot 'register tekster password' and it would register that name and then i can auth to the bot by 'auth tekster password'
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

tekster wrote:not sure what undernet/qnet uses, but what i was going to try to do was pm the bot 'register tekster password' and it would register that name and then i can auth to the bot by 'auth tekster password'
What would be the point of this when it would be quicker for you to do it directly via services?
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
t
tekster
Voice

Post by tekster »

its not being used for registering with the network, its for a seperate script but i wanted to see if i could get a register/auth type of script to make registration capable on an eggdrop instead of doing on a second mIRC client open