This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Scripting request!

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
Yourname
Master

Post by Yourname »

Hi,

Im in urgent need of some scripts which im unable to find. So i would like to drive the attention of all the TCL scripters so that they can help me out.

1) One Script that can Ban the host/IP of a user when the he/she quits with 'Excess flood' .. i dunno how it works.. but i've seen it on many bots.

Ex: Yourname has quit IRC (Excess Flood)
BOTS sets #channel +b *!*@yournames.host.com

NOTE: The user snt recognized.. it can be anyone.

2) My channel aops/sops sometimes deop the bot or its frenz, and the revenge is on. So the bot deops the op and then gives a +d flag to it. What i want is, whenever the bot gives a +d flag to ANYUSER.. , the bot should gimme a mail/note (whichever i choose)

Another thing, when someone deops the bot, the bot adds that person as a user and grants it the +d flag. Then when that user rejoins, it tells that user that his/her password isnt set. Im not able to understand what config prob is that.

That's it for now folks. Please help me out at your earliest.
Dormant egghead.
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

As for the last problem, that is a script problem. Eggdrop doesn't have any code that checks for people without passwords.

2 methods of fixing it, set a dummy password for the user yourself (do not delete the user, just add and remove hostmasks from them). Or change the script to ignore the dummy users eggdrop adds.

Script 1:

I don't see why ya need this. This problem can happen for genuine reasons (coz the server is bored (it's happened to me (OK OK, the source code to eggdrop does not paste))).

Here is goes anyway.

Code: Select all

bind sign - * ef:quit
proc ef:quit {nick uh hand chan arg} {
  set ban "*!*@[lindex [split $uh @] 1]"
  if {[isban $ban] || [isban $ban $chan] || ([string tolower $arg] != "excess flood")} {
    return
  }
  newchanban $chan $ban "EFgone" "Excess flood ban"
}
Script 2:

Try the following:

Code: Select all

# set the handle you want the note going to
set note_to "Yourname"
bind mode - "* -o" rev:note
proc rev:note {nick uh hand chan mc vict} {
  global note_to
  if {([lsearch -exact [channel info $chan] "+revenge"] >= 0) && [matchattr [nick2hand $vict] "fo|fo" $chan]} {
    storenote "REVENGE" $note_to "Set +d $hand for setting -o $vict on $chan"
  }
}
Yourname
Master

Post by Yourname »

Hi,

I somehow figured out that in the script 2, you gave a bind for '-o' which (i think) means that it should fire when a '-o' is detected.. But i did'nt want that pal.
Cuz its not specific that a +d is granted only when therez a -o.. it can even set +d when any of its frenz are kicked, right?

So what i actually want is, when +d is set, i should get an EMAIL as to who set it, and on whom its set.. not a note :smile:

Thanks for the help. I have yet to test the code. Have been in the hospital since 2 days :sad:

Dormant egghead.
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

To be perfectly honest, I just can't be bother coding at this min.

If I can be bothered later, I will do.
Yourname
Master

Post by Yourname »

Well, if you or someone else can.. please try to do it as soon as possible. stdarg?
Dormant egghead.
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

OK, get it from http://www.ppslim.ukshells.co.uk/netbot ... genote.tcl

I have added an extra (allthough, they could cause problems, let me know).

If a user tries to .chattr the user +d, they must have global owner to do so. Else it will notify the person set in the file, and not set the +d flag.
Yourname
Master

Post by Yourname »

Hey thanks, and when are we coming up with a new ver of no!spam? Tryin' to escape eh! no you dont!!
Dormant egghead.
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

OH, so your volunteering to make the next version? Cool, no escape HUH!!!!

Too be honest, I have started to totaly re-write No!Spam (I am about 15% through it).

I am trying to add some more advanced methods of adding spams, but some of it isn't quite working out, bits I am ready to dump, but keep the basic idea (which does work).
Yourname
Master

Post by Yourname »

Alright then pal, Best of luck with a new no-buggy version. Lol and if i wuz a scripter like you, i wud've surely joined you. :smile:
Dormant egghead.