This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

permissions denied

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
c
chubbychub
Voice

permissions denied

Post by chubbychub »

i get permission denied when i start the eggdrop "./eggdrop -m egg-peace.conf " i did permissions in root and did 'chmod 700 home/chubby/eggdrop/egg-peace.conf. Can anyone help plz. thanks in advance.
n
nml375
Revered One

Post by nml375 »

Have you verified owner and permissions for the eggdrop executable? (Config-file would only need execute permission if you intend to start your bot using ./egg-peace.conf, not ./eggdrop egg-peace.conf)
NML_375
Alchera
Revered One

Re: permissions denied

Post by Alchera »

chubbychub wrote:i get permission denied when i start the eggdrop "./eggdrop -m egg-peace.conf " i did permissions in root and did 'chmod 700 home/chubby/eggdrop/egg-peace.conf. Can anyone help plz. thanks in advance.
It's 'chmod 755' if you intend to use './eggdrop <bot.conf>' and to have that work properly read the very first line in eggdrop.conf.
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
rosc2112
Revered One

Post by rosc2112 »

c
chubbychub
Voice

Post by chubbychub »

i have changed the permissions to 777, 755, and more... and no luck. this is acward, cause i have another eggdrop running fine from redhat linux, but this is kbuntu linux so something is not correct. i still get permission denied.
De Kus
Revered One

Post by De Kus »

check also the owner and all permissions of all linked libs (ldd eggdrop).
De Kus
StarZ|De_Kus, De_Kus or DeKus on IRC
Copyright © 2005-2009 by De Kus - published under The MIT License
Love hurts, love strengthens...
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

Alchera wrote:... and to have that work properly read the very first line in eggdrop.conf.
The default is:
#! /path/to/executable/eggdrop

# ^- This should contain a fully qualified path to your Eggdrop executable.
In your case you'd change that to: /home/chubby/eggdrop/eggdrop

I gather that starting eggdrop normally i.e. ./eggdrop egg-peace.conf works? (no matter what permissions are set)
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
c
chubbychub
Voice

Post by chubbychub »

ok.. i found what the error was.. i was changing permission thru sftp/scp and that didn't work.. i did it thru command line and runs fine.. thanks for all the reply... Now i have another problem the bot is sending notices to everyone that joins the channel the following:
-IrcBot- You have 1 note waiting on Alfred.
-IrcBot- MSGC017 /MSG Alfred NOTES <pass> INDEX

the bot send this msg to ppl in the irc room every now and then and is making ppl think that is trying to steal passwords.. any clue? thanks in advance and for all the help .
c
chubbychub
Voice

Post by chubbychub »

ok i found the error on the "/MSG Ircbot NOTES <pass> INDEX " .. it was enalbe in the conf file, i disable it and seems to do the job.. thanks to all that reply.. my eggrop is running fine.