This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Unable to Configure Bot

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
D
DevilWolf
Voice

Unable to Configure Bot

Post by DevilWolf »

uesed wget wget.geteggdrop.com to have the eggdrop1.6.18.tar.gz uploaded to my Shell. I have followed the instructions, all the way through to include attempting to ./configure at which time it will not configure. Am I doing something wrong, or is it the shell?
rosc2112
Revered One

Post by rosc2112 »

What error do you get?
D
DevilWolf
Voice

Error listed below

Post by DevilWolf »

./configure: line 1737: cannot create temp file for here document: No space left
on device
checking for C compiler default output file name... configure: error: C compiler
cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details.
./configure: line 6: cannot create temp file for here document: No space left on
device
./configure: line 29: cannot create temp file for here document: No space left o
n device
./configure: line 58: cannot create temp file for here document: No space left o
n device
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

Contact your shell admin and have him clear a few things or increase your space allocation.

The error is quite specific: "cannot create temp"
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
rosc2112
Revered One

Post by rosc2112 »

Trick to get around shell diskspace quotas for compiling: Make a subdir in /tmp and untar your src archive there, ./configure prefix=/your/homedir and then compile..Make sure you 'strip' the resulting binary to save a little more space in your homedir after you make install, then clean up your /tmp stuff.