This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

SteamID TCL Script

Requests for complete scripts or modifications/fixes for scripts you didn't write. Response not guaranteed, and no thread bumping!
rosc2112
Revered One

Post by rosc2112 »

I generally use the http package for these kinds of scripts.. But sockets are not that much harder, the thing to keep in mind, is that you have to "gets" each line from a socket, whereas the "geturl" function from the http package gets the entire file at once (unless you do other things to limit how many lines you pull in) Take a look at the weather script I (re)did, it uses both sockets or http package (configurable option).
a
atreides
Voice

Post by atreides »

rosc2112 wrote:
atreides wrote: It connects to a server (CounterStrike)
It reports round scores and player kills to the channel.
URL for where to get scores?
Well I dont think you can get this information from a URL. There is a program called HLSW that can connect to servers and it has a scorebot feature of its own. I think this script would be a bit harder, and you would have to have HLSW.
rosc2112
Revered One

Post by rosc2112 »

I need to know the server address and port number if you expect a script to do this. I'm not a mind-reader.
a
atreides
Voice

Post by atreides »

Ah yes. I was hopin you could script it so we enter that information on our own. Would you need the rcon password?

connect 216.86.155.34:27016

There is a password...
rosc2112
Revered One

Post by rosc2112 »

telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused

I need the address and port number you connect to to get scores from. And preferably some protocol specifications..Obviously the other software you mention understands the protocol to be able to pull the data. I have not the vaguest idea about this game thing, but if I could find out how to pull in the data, I can make a script for it. But I can't do anything without being able to connect to the right server and the right port number. The address and port number you gave me are invalid.
a
atreides
Voice

Post by atreides »

rosc2112 wrote:telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused

I need the address and port number you connect to to get scores from. And preferably some protocol specifications..Obviously the other software you mention understands the protocol to be able to pull the data. I have not the vaguest idea about this game thing, but if I could find out how to pull in the data, I can make a script for it. But I can't do anything without being able to connect to the right server and the right port number. The address and port number you gave me are invalid.
I really wouldnt no then, sorry. I wouldnt sweat this. I could use the software. Thanks so much
rosc2112
Revered One

Post by rosc2112 »

Ok then.
m
metroid
Owner

Post by metroid »

It only took me 5 seconds with google to find what you're looking for.

Ofcourse, I'm not entirely sure if it works.

http://limit.org/projects.php
j
jhan86
Voice

Post by jhan86 »

BoOoO... You got me all excited because I thought it was SteamID script but it was a matchbot script :(
#scripts @ GameSurge
rosc2112
Revered One

SteamID script

Post by rosc2112 »

j
jhan86
Voice

Post by jhan86 »

Metroid: i just tried using that script. It doesn't work either. :(
#scripts @ GameSurge
j
jhan86
Voice

Post by jhan86 »

rosc!!! Thank you very much! I'm sure alot of people will enjoy your script!
#scripts @ GameSurge
a
atreides
Voice

Post by atreides »

works like a charm.