This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Dynamic Bans and Ban Time

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
g
gencha
Voice

Dynamic Bans and Ban Time

Post by gencha »

I just want to know if i got this right.

If i set my channel to +dynamicbans, the bot will remove the bans after a certain period but will still remember them in an internal list. I was unable to find that list and kinda got the feeling that it actually does _not_ store the bans anywhere. So i read on this board that you have to set the ban-time to 0 to achieve that.

So at what point will the bot move the bans from the channel ban list into it's internal list? Will it do that when the maximum is reached or after a certain time period?
n
nml375
Revered One

Post by nml375 »

I believe you are confusing eggdrops banlist with the +b channelmodes, or rather how they're added.
Bans added to eggdrops banlist will be placed on a channel depending on several settings, including +/-dynamicbans. To add bans to this list, you'll have to use the.+ban partyline command. Adding bans to a channel by simply doing "/mode #channel +b banmask" wont add those bans to your eggdrops banlist.

Setting a channel +dynamicbans means it will remove bans that are "old" in order to prevent filling the channel banlist. However, it will only restore bans, when neccesary, that are added to eggdrops banlist.
Setting the bantime when adding a ban to your eggdrops banlist tells your eggdrop how long it should keep the ban in its own banlist, and has nothing to do with how long it will last on the channel before being "old".
NML_375
g
gencha
Voice

Post by gencha »

Oohh. Thanks for the enlightenment ;)