This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Linkchan

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
A
Ace-T
Halfop

Linkchan

Post by Ace-T »

hey, im looking for some help with linkchan.tcl,

i need to relay text from one network to another but not sure how :(
i understand one bit needs to be on two nets but not 100% sure how this works,

cause in the config it asks for channels, say i set #test it would then connect to #test on both nets and i dont want that :(
so not sure how this works,

ive tried using botnet but only got as far as adding the bots with .+bot <ip> <telnet port> but if need be ill read up more on botnets but linkchan seems the easiest option open to me atm, i hope you can help,

thx
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

Two bots would be required (one on each network) and I'd imagine linked also.

You better study up on botnets.
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
YooHoo
Owner

Re: Linkchan

Post by YooHoo »

Ace-T wrote:ive tried using botnet but only got as far as adding the bots with .+bot <ip> <telnet port> but if need be ill read up more on botnets but linkchan seems the easiest option open to me atm, i hope you can help
You need to have the bot's linked, that's for certain. Read all about it at this handy dandy link --> Botnets Made E-Z
A
Ace-T
Halfop

Post by Ace-T »

thx guys :)

managed to get that sorted, but the problem i face now is if the channel is in fish, it still send ecrpyted :(

any ideas?

thx
YooHoo
Owner

Post by YooHoo »

Ace-T wrote:thx guys :)

managed to get that sorted, but the problem i face now is if the channel is in fish, it still send ecrpyted
Isn't fish encryption for mIRC? What's that got to do with linking channels? :? i'm confused again
w
w00f
Halfop

Post by w00f »

if one chan have blowfish key , it doesnt matter cuz:

- if its the source chan , you will have to find out one blowcrypt and set the fish key for that chan, the msg through botnet will be in plain text.

- if the chan is the dest chan , its the same crap .. just load one blowcrypt , set the fish key , and the bot will msg the $text encrypted.

cant see the problem.