This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

AllProtection.tcl (Stable: v4.8 / Beta: v4.9b4)

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

It already strips those. What exactly is happening?
b
bootdisk
Voice

Post by bootdisk »

Hi there!

I have a question. Is there any way to make the DCC commands "public" and that the script is working 100% with quakenet service?

Im not a script ;S thats why im asking :)

Thanks for a greate script :)
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

Yes it is possible, but I currently have no plans in implementing it. What do you want to do with Quakenet services?
b
bootdisk
Voice

Post by bootdisk »

ok nice. Like everything? ;)
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

Like what?
X
X-Ception
Voice

Post by X-Ception »

bugs:

Code: Select all

set c [string trimleft $c ":@%+"]
on some ircd's we also have *^ - not exactly a bug, just doesnt take it into account ?

secondly
on bchans i have a user being banned for being in the channel #
which is not listed as a bchan but is just banning him
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

Alright, I'll add * and ^ in the next release (- too or no?). As for considering # a bad channel without it being listed, I doubt that - I don't see why it is being matched unless there is an entry which matches it in the bchans list.
X
X-Ception
Voice

Post by X-Ception »

Sir_Fz wrote:Alright, I'll add * and ^ in the next release (- too or no?). As for considering # a bad channel without it being listed, I doubt that - I don't see why it is being matched unless there is an entry which matches it in the bchans list.
def no entry and i had the user part # before rejoining the channel and was fine.

* = owner
^ = channel admin
not seen - used but ~ is used also if memory serves correct

as im somewhat sure you'll ask for it, from aplists

Code: Select all

bchans global #[censored]_ops #warlords #[censored]-you-ircops #side_by_side_bumsex #[censored]-you-chanops
There are no per channel bchans.

note: the censor is applied by the forums on the entry it is actually just the word lol and no, no brackets.
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

If you have the %rate displayed in the kick-reason, it should show the bad channel the user is on. Does it actually say it's #?
X
X-Ception
Voice

Post by X-Ception »

Sir_Fz wrote:If you have the %rate displayed in the kick-reason, it should show the bad channel the user is on. Does it actually say it's #?
I have this enabled but oddly it doesnt even report to dcc. I had to verify what the ban was for with .bans *!*@host to figure out why then going through the rooms we sussed it.
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

It's displayed in the kick-message, and it also echos in the DCC when someone is on a bad channel. If this did not happen, then it's NOT an AllProtection issue.
n
nsrafk
Halfop

Post by nsrafk »

Hey i have a question. Im running a botnet of 20 bots, and i have +enforcebans. I only load allprotection.tcl in 1 bot ofcourse. But when the bot, with allprotection.tcl detects something illegal, it sets +b, but then the user gets kicked by one of the other bots with kick reason "Banned".
Im running netbots on all my bots. Is it possible to load this script trough netbots?? Or another way of making the botnet share kickmessages?

Thanks!
speechles
Revered One

Post by speechles »

The easiest way is to put the kick before the ban.

This way, user might get kicked twice; once by bot enforcing this script, then if they rejoin fast enough ( rejoin before you set the ban ) they get kicked again by fastest bot on your botnet. This is how I would attempt it anyways if it was that big an issue.
Z
Zircon
Op

Post by Zircon »

HI

In AllProtection script, the kick is put before the ban, and thats good.

However, for Undernet users, if the Bans are made through X, i suggest to put directly the ban, since X kicks automatically the abuser when it bans. The processus of banning will be then faster.
n
nsrafk
Halfop

Post by nsrafk »

The easiest way is to put the kick before the ban.

This way, user might get kicked twice; once by bot enforcing this script, then if they rejoin fast enough ( rejoin before you set the ban ) they get kicked again by fastest bot on your botnet. This is how I would attempt it anyways if it was that big an issue.
Well, the users who gets banned derserves to know what they've done wrong. Hard to undo mistakes, if they don't know what they did wrong, right? :)