This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

chan Limit is +2 & floodbots joins 10 tcl needed

Requests for complete scripts or modifications/fixes for scripts you didn't write. Response not guaranteed, and no thread bumping!
l
lebjustice
Voice

chan Limit is +2 & floodbots joins 10 tcl needed

Post by lebjustice »

hello i set my chan +l 2 but floodbots joins more around 10 at once.
i need a tcl to ban if the joins counts > current chanlimit
if possible and sometimes server lags i want it also to ban if the flood joins while channel is +i or +r thank you.
TCL_no_TK
Owner

Re: chan Limit is +2 & floodbots joins 10 tcl needed

Post by TCL_no_TK »

Check out sentinel and search the TCL Archive for flyby scripts. This would probably be the best solution.
awyeah
Revered One

Re: chan Limit is +2 & floodbots joins 10 tcl needed

Post by awyeah »

lebjustice wrote:hello i set my chan +l 2 but floodbots joins more around 10 at once.
i need a tcl to ban if the joins counts > current chanlimit
if possible and sometimes server lags i want it also to ban if the flood joins while channel is +i or +r thank you.
If you are using DALnet or your network uses the bahamut IRCd, you can utilize the "+j" throttle-join channel mode to limit joins. The minimum setting for +j is 4:2 (joins:seconds) I beleive.
·­awyeah·

==================================
Facebook: jawad@idsia.ch (Jay Dee)
PS: Guys, I don't accept script helps or requests personally anymore.
TCL_no_TK
Owner

Re: Re: chan Limit is +2 & floodbots joins 10 tcl needed

Post by TCL_no_TK »

Sorry, should probably explain while i recommend you use the scripts above.
... i set my chan +l 2 but floodbots joins more around 10 at once.
People/bots (normal users) can not join past any channel mode of +l if the limit is full reached (2 people on the channel in this case) the server will not allow anyone to join the channel. "server lag" wouldn't make this any less true. If there are botnets joining your channel and overriding the +l user limit for your channel. They are more than likey network services or opered bots. And i would contact your network admins to solve this problem. This is also the same for +i (i would say more so) unless they have been given an +I invite on the channel. In which case any script would be pointless. sentinel.tcl will effectivly deal with botnet/mass join floods as well as most common botnet/mass flood types. As will alot of other scripts.
awyeah
Revered One

Post by awyeah »

This can happen infact, not because of the lag between servers, but because of SERVER DESYNCH sometimes.
·­awyeah·

Facebook: jawad@idsia.ch (Jay Dee)
PS: Guys, I don't accept script helps or requests personally anymore.
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

There's really no need of scripts anyway as eggdrop has the ability (.conf settings) to handle flood joins:
flood-join 5:60
The user could also "tweak" his channel mlock settings.

Bahumut has +R (registered nicknames only may join) and +M (only registered nicks may talk) which I find useful. Other IRCd's have similar (or the same) settings available including the "join throttling" setting mentioned by awyeah.

I also found setting a channel +p (private) excellent as a tool against flood bots.

He can easily set up his eggdrop to ensure these modes prevail even when there are server splits.
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM