This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Logging problems

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
a
amorpheous
Voice

Logging problems

Post by amorpheous »

Hey people,

This started back in July when my shell was moved to a different server. Everything else was working fine after the move until I noticed (a few months later) that my pisg stats weren't being compiled properly. When I looked into it, I found that even though I have jpk flags enabled for the logfile, it's only logging joins, parts, quits and actions (/me messages), but not actual channel talk.

I've tried switching off quick-logs and I've also removed the pid file and restarted the bot.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be?

Thanks in advance,

-amorpheous
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

Check your scripts and see if there's any pubm bind returning 1, this causes the message not being logged.
a
amorpheous
Voice

Post by amorpheous »

Thanks Sir_Fz. Found "pubm" in a few scripts and disabled them one by one in eggdrop.conf. After disabling xchannel.tcl, channel talk was being logged again. However, I'd still like to use xchannel.tcl. Is there any way it can be fixed? I'm a novice when it comes to Tcl.

Here's the offending code:

Code: Select all

[ammaar@amber:~/eggdrop]$ grep pubm scripts/xchannel.tcl
set conf1g(repeat) {pubm w:k:b 1 10 "repeating is lame"}
set conf1g(color)  {pubm w:k:b 1 10 "no colors"}
set conf1g(spam)   {pubm w:k:b 1 10 "spam"}
set conf1g(caps)   {pubm w:k:b 1 10 "caps off"}
set conf1g(bad)    {pubm w:k:b 1 10 "do not curse"}
variable mbinds {join part nick pubm}
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

Make posts regarding xchannel.tcl to the Universal channel script support forum.
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

You can search within the pubm procedures for statements that are possibly returning 1 (such as "return 1"). These are usually at the end of a procedure. If you're not familiar with Tcl then Alchera's suggestion is your best bet.