This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

cmd_chan.tcl problem

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
l
lilGTO
Voice

cmd_chan.tcl problem

Post by lilGTO »

I'd like to thank anyone in advance for any help they could lend me on this problem that has me confused. I don't know whether I'm just not getting it or I'm doing something wrong - perhaps both.

I am using this tcl script because I'd like my ops to be able to op, deop, voice, devoice from the room and not have to go into the console. When I started this script I filled out the configuration as best I could but it's confusing to me and don't understand why a few things happen and is driving me to realize I'm completely unfamiliar with all of it.

First in the configuration it is asking for something for a server that I am not in. So I set it for the server I currently am on which is irc icq.

# This is for network compatiblity (be sure your IRC network using SirvServces) with ChanServ arround.
# I set this with DALnet's ChanServ's nickname.. you can set it according to your ChanServ's nickname-
# in your IRC network
set cmdsvrnick "ChanServ@irc.icq.com"

Now that I have the tcl script running I'm wondering if the above setting is asking me for a password to chanserv because I keep getting the message asking me to auth (authenticate) before I can use any of the commands in the room. I noticed in the code the line:

if {![matchattr $hand Q]} {putquick "NOTICE $nick :$cmdchnlg You haven't authenticate Yourself. Type: \[/msg $botnick auth <password>\] to do so." ; return 0} (which is the message I get from my bot)

The crux of the matter is I have the bot in chanserv as a level 5 and chanserv does not look for a password but yet the bot is asking for an auth password and this has me wondering what it's really looking for. Any help on this would be welcomed. Again, thank you in advance if you'd run across this before and can help me.
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

1) What is the name of this Tcl.
2) Have you attempted to contact the author?
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
l
lilGTO
Voice

cmd_chan.tcl problem

Post by lilGTO »

The name of the script is cmd_chan.tcl downloaded from the TCL Archive. Yes, I did try emailing the author and received the dreaded automatically generated Delivery Status Notification from the postmaster@mail.hotmail.com.
speechles
Revered One

Re: cmd_chan.tcl problem

Post by speechles »

lilGTO wrote:Now that I have the tcl script running I'm wondering if the above setting is asking me for a password to chanserv because I keep getting the message asking me to auth (authenticate) before I can use any of the commands in the room. I noticed in the code the line:

Code: Select all

if {![matchattr $hand Q]} {putquick "NOTICE $nick :$cmdchnlg You haven't authenticate Yourself. Type: \[/msg $botnick auth <password>\] to do so." ; return 0}
You are close. The script creates a custom user flag (+Q) for that user to signal when they have AUTH'd to the bot, and I suspect removes it when you part/quit/etc. This is because access to chanserv is privileged and without it, or similar ways to authenticate, the script would allow anyone access.
You need to type /msg <YourBotsNickHere> AUTH <yourpassword> to have your bot first create this custom user flag.
l
lilGTO
Voice

Post by lilGTO »

When I type /msg <botnick> auth <mypassword> I get no response. The only command I can use is the one for checking the ban list but cannot invoke a ChanServ command so I know the script is working at least. I can ident with the bot and all of the ops in our room can ident with no problem as well - just not with the auth. Am I missing a bind in the .conf file?