This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Flooding problem

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
l
lilGTO
Voice

Flooding problem

Post by lilGTO »

This post is to find out if anyone has this type of flooding happening in their room and if anyone can help me stop or cut down on the room flooding happening to my room.

What appears to be happening is someone (a person or a flood bot) uses 4 vhost ips and has put 2 nicks (malicious nicks) on each vhost ip for a total of 8 nicks that enters my room. Each nick generates approximately 20 lines of varying letters. These 160 lines floods the room (totaled from all nicks * lines) and repeats this twice and then leaves – reenters my room and repeats until they either get z- or k-lined (but only a few nicks get booted not all). I’ve tried to contact an IRCop when this happens but of course no one is around when the flooding starts. I’ve also used the admin command to find the email address for irc and have sent numerous emails but they are always returned undeliverable.
Administrative info about irc-m08.icq.aol.com
••• IrCQnet
••• ICQ Ltd
••• IRC Support
••• ircsupport@icq.com

btw this is how I have set my bot flooding channel mode controls
flood-chan 10:30
flood-deop 3:10
flood-kick 3:10
flood-join 3:10
flood-nick 3:10

Any help or instructions would be greatly appreciate. What do you all do?
I don't want to copy the logs in here as it would probably flood the forum but if anyone wants to see them I can certainly forward them.
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

This is a normal mass flood and it's nothing new, there are a lot of scripts designed to protect your room from such attacks. One of these scripts is AllProtection.
TCL_no_TK
Owner

Post by TCL_no_TK »

The type of flood you are discribing has gone on in alot of ICQ rooms, but as far as i was aware it has stoped :) if you send me a private message with your IRC nickname, i can help you sort this out on ICQ :)
TCL_no_TK
Owner

[Update] :)

Post by TCL_no_TK »

This hopefully should be sorted for the most part :) but incase anyone else is having problems with the flood described in the origional post. Please private me :) and i'd be happy to provide you with the script. (please don't be offened if i ask for proof)