This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Need a script line

Requests for complete scripts or modifications/fixes for scripts you didn't write. Response not guaranteed, and no thread bumping!
m
mabus
Voice

Post by mabus »

I take your point regarding confusing people. Let me try as simple an explanation as I can make it then. I need a command where, if you type a command to read a line, The bot reads the line # from a file in a folder and puts the line itself back in the channel;

<John> !folder filename line#
<Bot> Line1 this is the text on line 1

I can't think of a clearer way to put it. If you can by all means let me know.
Last edited by mabus on Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
r
r0t3n
Owner

Post by r0t3n »

As you said, the command does not reply, it will be alot easier to fix the problem if you can paste the errorinfo.
r0t3n @ #r0t3n @ Quakenet
m
mabus
Voice

Post by mabus »

Tosser yeah... there's no error info though.. It just doesn't reply at all. I know this is probably a bit of a pain in the neck for you, I really do appreciate you helping me.
speechles
Revered One

Post by speechles »

mabus wrote:Tosser yeah... there's no error info though.. It just doesn't reply at all. I know this is probably a bit of a pain in the neck for you, I really do appreciate you helping me.
*sigh* .. time to get remedial, let's regress a bit and take some advice from demond.

Now after you've clicked demond's advice link, you surely understand how hard it is for a stale 'it gives no reply' to help troubleshoot anything. If you don't understand, now is the time to ask questions. If you do understand, your follow up post with .set errorInfo report should be forthcoming...

Edit: In reply to dragonlord's post below; Yes, certainly there are cases where .set errorInfo indicates no problems. But even this is helpful to prove where the logic errors are.
Last edited by speechles on Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
r
r0t3n
Owner

Post by r0t3n »

I edited the post, give it a try...
r0t3n @ #r0t3n @ Quakenet
DragnLord
Owner

Post by DragnLord »

I will now take the time to point out that sometimes when a script "does not work", there is also no errorInfo (one word, uppercase I, gives more information when the bot spews out errors on the partyline).
In some cases you may need to add some debugging code in the script (putlog, putidx, etc).
m
mabus
Voice

Post by mabus »

Same result, no reply. I tried the .set errorInfo command as suggested (immediately after the error) while logged in, and got back:

[11:42] #Mabus# set errorInfo
Currently:

So I guess it didn't detect any errors. I've also commented out all tcl's except test.tcl so there is no other conflict.

In case it helps, the command I am typing in channel is;

!txt test 1

The folder is txt
the file is test (no extension)
and line 1 reads: 1 this is a test

The bot does not reply at all when I type the command.