This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

A Script we would all luv

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
[
[U]nique

Post by [U]nique »

eg...
onjoin action
+host $nick $host
i have tried to do it but i am nota tcl master hell i can barley fight my way out of a script....
anyway back to the req
would very much appeciate
thx®
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

HMM, can you explain in english what you want, rather that in comedy talk, which I mihgt add is not funny).
[
[U]nique

Post by [U]nique »

Sorry i was a little drunk
what i am looking for a a script that will do a +host commadn when a user joins the chan so that i dont have to update there host info everytime there ip changes
and no i dont want to doa adduser without the ! cause alot of peeps are using the same srcipts and have the smae isp so it will op or voice everyone that matches the same host
i have to do a adduser !nickname
..so if there is a way to make a script for on join actjoin +host to the nick and have ti be spacific to the ip thx
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

This is just plain impossible.

Eggdrop recognises users by there hostmasks. If they join from a hostmask that is unknown, then the script will not know who to add the hostmask too.

You can't base it on nicknames, if you where to, then some1 could change there nickname to yours, rejoin, and have there hostmask added to your handle. Leaving it unsecure.
[
[U]nique

Post by [U]nique »

Hrmm ...did not think of that ...
well thx for the info
I
Ian-Highlander
Op

Post by Ian-Highlander »

Errrrm, it is possible, but very insecure if you're not careful.

Check out my Trivia 2000 script which has precisely this function but will only add hostmasks to users that have no flags.

I should add that the proc that does this was written by stdarg lol, I cant take the credit for it.

But if the users you are talking about have any sort of power on the bot (+o etc) then ppslim is precisely right, it is a major security risk. The proc in Trivia will not add a hostmask if the user has any flags.

Hope this helps

Regards

Ian-Highlander
"Insanity Takes Its Toll, Please Have Exact Change"
R
Roze

Post by Roze »

Ahh.. just use default eggdrop features like IDENT.. ADDHOST.. just you have to inform users how to do that..

And you will get the result you wanted..
or make your own script if you dont like the way eggdrops adds hosts (actually I wonder why still there is no variable which would allow to choose the way the default hostmask looks like: Nick!*ident@host *!*ident@host *!*@host .. (for example so it is done in no!spam by ppslim and wreck)..
[
[U]nique

Post by [U]nique »

Well i would love to tell peeps how to use the ident command but i have over 400 users and i am not setting passwords for me all to use it
that is why i want the bot to take the onjoin nick and do a +host command and if there was no nick in the user list it would not add the host and if there was it would
but ass it was pointed out ealier it would not work because anyone who join the chan with the same nick and was not the original user that i had added it when then add that persons hos to the nick now if there was a way to add a pass word to all the nicks in one big shot that would be nice or when you do a .adduser it would set a default password
g
galaxyboy

Post by galaxyboy »

How do i post a new topic in the forum?
[
[U]nique

Post by [U]nique »

register and then hit the new topic button after that
stdragon
Owner

Post by stdragon »

Here is a little script to set a default password for all users who don't currently have one. This is just a *little* insecure heh, so hopefully you have a bunch of noble users.

Code: Select all

# Change this to your preferred password
set default "sheep"

foreach u [userlist] {
  if {[passwdok $u ""]} {
    setuser $u PASS $default
  }
}
As for adduser, is it really that much more work to do ".chpass newuser somepass" ? Nah.

Now, I could see a definite use for a more "user friendly" adduser command. It could msg the person and say, "Hello, you have been added to this bot. Set a password by typing /msg $botnick pass <yourpass>" and maybe gives them some handy commands to use.
I
Ian-Highlander
Op

Post by Ian-Highlander »

I wrote a small script with a public command for people to add themselves to the bot a while ago because someone requested it and they didnt want to use the default "Hello" command.
This simply uses the public command ".addme"
it then adds the user to the userlist and /msgs them to set a password.
If you want this script (although I dont really understand why anyone would) get it here.

http://www.eggdropsrus.co.uk/downloads/ ... /addme.tcl

Maybe this is useful to someone, its not something I would ever use personally, but there you have it :smile:

Regards

Ian-Highlander
"Insanity Takes Its Toll, Please Have Exact Change"