This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

incith:weather (2.8p) (Dec. 18th, 2008)

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
h
holycrap
Op

Post by holycrap »

I got this:
Tcl error [incith::weather::weather_handler]: can't read "html(fc1hf)": no such element in array
s
subdriven
Voice

Post by subdriven »

Using both 2.8o and 2.8L I get the following error when setting
# send public/channel replies to the user instead of to the channel?
variable public_to_private 1

Tcl error [incith::weather::weather_handler]: no such channel record

Thanks for the assistance

Aaron
k
kelso
Voice

Post by kelso »

Latest version fixed the errors that started coming in. I also fixed south africa by adding this
|| [regexp {<h1>South Africa</h1>} $html]
Y
Yog
Voice

Post by Yog »

For some reason, the script won't work for me when I set public_to_private to 1. The !weather command fails with this error:

Code: Select all

Tcl error [incith::weather::weather_handler]: no such channel record
Yet, !forcast works just fine with this set. Odd.

Also, incith, have you considered rewriting the script to use the Wunderground XML API? Even if you didn't use some sort of fancy XML library, the output would be infinitely easier to parse into variable names than the html output.

Check it out: http://wiki.wunderground.com/index.php/API_-_XML
incith
Master

Post by incith »

@people with mtemp error: It's working fine for me. Can you be more specific? (turns out this isn't even from my script)
incith wrote:I plan to use something else on wunderground (assuming they fix the issue in my ticket) that should basically make the weather script work forever afterwards.
Yes, that is what the basis of my ticket is for, the API.

@private messages:
I'll look into the private messages thing tonight [update: fixed this]. :) *whew!*
H
Hellster
Voice

Post by Hellster »

Nevermind , it seems the script wasn't loaded properly :) , working fine now , i did notice the triggers have changed , but no biggie , thanx for the updated script :)
J
Jonathan1683
Voice

Post by Jonathan1683 »

im getting this too

[22:23] Tcl error [pub_wz]: can't read "mtemp": no such variable

specific:

downloaded script loaded it. this is the error when i type !weather zipcode
incith
Master

Post by incith »

Jonathan1683 wrote:im getting this too

[22:23] Tcl error [pub_wz]: can't read "mtemp": no such variable

specific:

downloaded script loaded it. this is the error when i type !weather zipcode
You are speaking about DragnLords (broken) script. :) If you use mine (2.8o from incith.com), you will not get this error. I have no pub_wz proc nor mtemp variables.
h
holycrap
Op

Post by holycrap »

Is it possible to "notice the user" with the message, "no city found" or when they have to narrow their search?
incith
Master

Post by incith »

holycrap wrote:Is it possible to "notice the user" with the message, "no city found" or when they have to narrow their search?
Works fine for me. Set notices to 1..? Unless you mean only errors get noticed?
h
holycrap
Op

Post by holycrap »

Yeah, like when you type:

!weather sdfsadf
Instead of it having "no city found to the channel", notice the user instead. Same thing when they have to narrow their search.

Yes, only errors get notice to the user.

Thanks!

:D
incith
Master

Post by incith »

Yeah I can probably add something for this. I'll probably put it near the notices variable, so just watch for it I guess, lol. Maybe 'variable notices_errors_only 0/1'. Maybe next release or release after if I remember. :)
h
holycrap
Op

Post by holycrap »

Cool, thanks!

Maybe add that feature to your "horoscope" script as well? I notice most people can't spell their Zodiac sign(including myself). :D I just wanted a little notice message to tell them to check their spelling.

Thanks!

Last edited by holycrap on Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
ron
Voice

Post by ron »

Hi all, I am new to using eggdrop/windrops. I am starting to get the hang of it. I downloaded this weather script however the !w for the weather does not work and I get the following error:

Tcl error [incith::weather::weather_handler]: can't read "html(fc1hf)": no such element in array

I seen that someone before had this same issue in a previous post but could not see where their problem was solved. When I type !fc it shows me the forcast but the feed doesnt seem to be there. The !sky is working fine though. Any help would be appreciated. Keep in mind im really new to using this so you will have to break it down in "dummy" terms lol. By the way im using a windrop if that matters. Thanks!
h
holycrap
Op

Post by holycrap »

Go to the author's website and download the latest version, that should fix it.