This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

on PVT flood NOtice/Msg .+ignore *!*@*.*

Requests for complete scripts or modifications/fixes for scripts you didn't write. Response not guaranteed, and no thread bumping!
Thanhas
Op

on PVT flood NOtice/Msg .+ignore *!*@*.*

Post by Thanhas »

Hello,

i am using Dalnet and i am Founder of #Chataway channel
people have pain in ass doing flood on my Channel but its fine BOTs can control it. but when the flood Gose to PM of bot it give hard time which is "Exceed Flood" what i need is on notice/msg flood to the PM of BOT it shuold do ignore Global msges/notices .+ignore *!*@*.* and after x minute .-ignore *!*@*.*

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards
TCL_no_TK
Owner

Post by TCL_no_TK »

I would think the flood-msg settings would be enough to prevent this, and the eggdrop should ignore the flooder anyway.
set flood-msg <messages>:<seconds> - Set here how many msgs in how many seconds from one host constitutes a flood. If you set this to 0:0, msg flood protection will be disabled
Thanhas
Op

Post by Thanhas »

NO when 300 nicks come to flood it wont help i need such thing if any buddy have time make for me i dontmind if it take a week :P

Tanks
D
Daedalus
Voice

Post by Daedalus »

Thanhas wrote:NO when 300 nicks come to flood it wont help i need such thing if any buddy have time make for me i dontmind if it take a week :P

Tanks
Doesn't dalnet have a way of throttling joins?
TCL_no_TK
Owner

Post by TCL_no_TK »

Code: Select all

bind flud - * silence:flud
proc silence:flud {nick host hand type chan} {
 if {![string equal -nocase "pub" "$type"]} {
  putquick "SILENCE +*" -next
  timer 3 [list putserv "SILENCE -*"]
  return 0
 }
}
I dont know if this will work for the notice flood, but everytime there is a flood (i.e msg flood) that is not on the channel (aka a text flood) the bot will send /silence +* and remove it after 3 mins, take from Dalnet Help Desk
Thanhas
Op

Post by Thanhas »

TCL_no_TK wrote:

bind flud - * silence:flud
 if {![string equal -nocase "pub" "$type"]} {
  return 0
 }
}
I dont know if this will work for the notice flood, but everytime there is a flood (i.e msg flood) that is not on the channel (aka a text flood) the bot will send /silence +* and remove it after 3 mins, take from Dalnet Help Desk

Good try thank you but there are alot of people who know how to make for notice too and my aim is just IGNORE +* on Private/Notice and Private/Msg not on channel flood for channel flood i have All Protetion4.5 TCL. i need Prrivate Protection. when someone flood on his PM he try ignoring one by one IPs of flooder which cases excced flood i need one PM flood ignore *!*@*.* for x minutes

Thankyou
TCL_no_TK
Owner

Post by TCL_no_TK »

All Protetion4.5 TCL last time i checked has personal protection for eggdrop, that includes setting usermodes on the eggdrop client to protect it when its flooded. :idea:
:arrow: the /silence +* will tell the server to ignore all private messages/notices :) and shouldn't change whats seen on the channel by eggdrop. (dont quote me on that, dont use dalnet)
Thanhas
Op

on PVT flood Notice/Msg .+ignore *!*@*.*

Post by Thanhas »

Thank you but my Topic is still open anyhow if is not possible make itsnick chnage? if any one flooded x lines change nick it self?

but ignore will work more.

Thanks
TCL_no_TK
Owner

Post by TCL_no_TK »

RE: eggdrop's ignore feature

Adding *!*@* (or any ignore) to eggdrop's ignore list, will cause the bot to ignore alot more than just Private Messages/Notice. Which is why i wrote it to issue a /silence for all hosts.

To get the eggdrop to change nickname's on a flood thou, you could change the following lines

to this

putquick "NICK $::altnick" -next 
  timer 3 [list putserv "NICK $::botnick"]
and add the following line

global botnick altnick
below

RE: origional topic

It may be possible to creat a simple flood control going from the raw bind of PRIVMSG & NOTICE, and getting eggdrop to return 1 if the flood control is triggered. This will cause eggdrop not to process these events (would be a shot in the dark to assume that this will casue eggdrop to not get flooded.) As the Docs said thou,
If the proc returns 1, Eggdrop will not process the line any further (this could cause unexpected behavior in some cases).
Source: http://www.eggheads.org/support/egghtml ... html#binda

Do you use sentinel.tcl (spell) TCL Script by slennox? i belive this has a great feature for protecting the eggdrop againsts "private" floods, thats simlar to the possible "work around" mentioned above.
Thanhas
Op

Post by Thanhas »

Thank you :P

so nice of you