This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Invalid userfile format.

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
M
Mulreay
Voice

Invalid userfile format.

Post by Mulreay »

Hello everyone.
Bit of a noob when it comes to bots but I'll try not to annoy. I've ran a search for this problem but can't seem to find anything specific. When I run my bot e.g c:\windrop (enter) eggdrop (enter). The last line comes up with *Invalid userfile format.
I.ve checked the userinfo files which are in TCL but I'm fairly sure I'm looking in the wrong place. I know it will be something simple but can't seem to get my head round it. I must of changed something but can't for the life of me think what it is.
Any help very much appreciated thanks in advance.
n
nml375
Revered One

Post by nml375 »

That message means that the file used to store the user database has been "damaged". Or rather, the structure of the file has been, making it imposible for your eggdrop to make heads or tails of it.

There's an external script that comes with egdrop called "weed", which is usually used to manage huge userfiles "offline", this script might be able to still read most of the userfile and re-create it.

You could also look for any of eggdrop's backups of the userfile (has the extension .bak as I recall), and try replacing the curent userfile with that one..

Otherwize, your last option would be to remove the old userfile, and create a new one (starting over from scratch) using the -m option..

Also, this is in no way related to the userinfo.tcl script. That script wil never touch the userfile itself, but only use eggdrop's commands for manipulating user records.
NML_375
M
Mulreay
Voice

Post by Mulreay »

Thanks nml375. After a lot of searching and fiddling I found the userfile (it was right infront of me). Under the file luckily there was a auto backup file so just copied it and renamed it, then ran .backup in the partyline to get it up to date. Thanks for the help. :)