This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

bots quits on .rehash

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
D
D3vLiN

bots quits on .rehash

Post by D3vLiN »

Why does my 1.6.10 eggdrop crash when I try to rehash it?
[11:04:38] * <botname> has quit IRC (Read error: EOF from client)

Because of that I have to do a .restart every time, which is not preferred off course. Any ideas?
DrTongue
Op

Post by DrTongue »

What, if any, is the error message via partyline? And after it crashes with .rehash can you restart it right back up using the ./eggdrop <botnick> command in the shell?
D
D3vLiN

Post by D3vLiN »

DrTongue wrote:What, if any, is the error message via partyline? And after it crashes with .rehash can you restart it right back up using the ./eggdrop <botnick> command in the shell?
I can't see an error in the partyline because my connection immediately quits when the bot crashes. And yes I can restart the bot using the commands you stated (or ./botchk ).

I already removed all the tcl scripts and restarted the bot with a clean .user, .chan and .note files (ie. started the bot with -m again)
but no results :(
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

Pasting the contents of the DEBUG file (after the bot crashes) would help.

To confirm the bot is writting one, delete the current one, then cause the bot to crash.
D
D3vLiN

Post by D3vLiN »

and where can i find this file? I've looked through the eggdrop dirs, but no files called DEBUG. (sorry if this sound lame to you)
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

You usualy find the DEBUG file located in the directory where you type "./eggdrop"

If there is no file there, then, it has not been creating one on crash.

I sugest you do the following.

Start the bot using the -n option (./eggdrop -n config.file), once on IRC, cause the bot to crash. You should see information about what caused the crash (allthough this will be limited) on the shell.
D
D3vLiN

Post by D3vLiN »

thank you a whole lot!
with this method I was able to figure out that there was a wrong setting in my bots config file, which caused the crash. The rehashing works now!
p
ppslim
Revered One

Post by ppslim »

What setting was causing the crash?

If the bot is able to start without crashing, but crashes on rehash, then there is an issue.

Reporting this, could help prvent this in the future.
g
gk^
Halfop

Post by gk^ »

-n is also usefull when you wanna know whats wrong...