This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

setting a channel ban

Help for those learning Tcl or writing their own scripts.
S
Spectre
Voice

setting a channel ban

Post by Spectre »

i did try search bad channel to keep ban a channel with /mode #mychan +b ~c:#badchannel .. are there any way to bot keep set this ban in one room even if its removed reset it ?
F
FireWarrior
Voice

bad whois.

Post by FireWarrior »

Hello Spectre,
I’m guessing that you want a script that will ban a user if it’s whois has #badchannel/s that you will specify. If this is the case then you’ll find your solution in the link below:
http://www.egghelp.org/tclhtml/3478-4-0 ... -whois.htm
My suggestion would be to use a script that has onjoin flood protection written into it, otherwise your bot may be flooded off in case of a join flood.
I hope this will help.
Best of luck,
FireWarrior.
S
Spectre
Voice

Post by Spectre »

well ty for ur suggestion but thats not what im looking actually found these tcls.what i want is setting ban and keep reset the ban if anyone else remove it. dont want to whois ppl for bad channel(s) hope i did explain right.which the ban mask is like /mode #mychan +b ~c:#badchannel could use .+ban mask for users but need to ban another channel.