This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Help: too many open files

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
m
mr_fanatic
Voice

Help: too many open files

Post by mr_fanatic »

Hello,

On the shell the bot automatically create a new file on which the channel it is on (currently 3). example: eggdrop.#chan1 eggdrop.#chan2 eggdrop.#chan3

My problem is that on the DCC chat it says "too many open files.. cannot write user file". Is there any settings on the config which makes it do that create a new file and how will i turn it off. I was playing around with the use-info settings for greeting user when they join channel. But now i turned that off and delete the eggdrop.#chan1 etc. file manually. After that i restart the bot and still it create a new file on the channel which it is on.

This is really annoying me, please advise.
n
nml375
Revered One

Post by nml375 »

Are you using some custom scripts? This kind of error is generally caused by scripts leaking file descriptors (opening files for reading and/or writing, but failing to close them later on).

A classic example of this:

Code: Select all

set data [read [open "somefile" r]]
You could also try to use the ulimit command to check/update the number of concurrent files your processes may open:

Code: Select all

# ulimit -n
# ulimit -n 2048
Be adviced this might need elevated privileges though..
NML_375
m
mr_fanatic
Voice

Post by mr_fanatic »

Thank you for the reply, after looking at the tcl loaded, the error comes from OTBN.tcl 2.3 by Overtech Technologies and the error it gives was on onjoin_out function. But i have no idea how to fixed it.