This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Permissions/Scripts

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
b
bharvey
Voice

Permissions/Scripts

Post by bharvey »

I dont think this falls into scripting - this is more about configuration.

I have these items in my "myscript.tcl"

bind pub n|n !sql cmd:sql
bind pub o|o !warn cmd:warn
bind pub o|o !unwarn cmd:unwarn
bind pub - !showwarn cmd:showwarn
bind pub - !check cmd:check

It's my understanding that only the owner should be able to do the item bind pub n|n only the ops should be able to do bind pub o|o and the others open to everyone.

However, everyone seems to be able to do any of these.

What have I missed? Is there some config issue somewhere?

Thanks!
t
thommey
Halfop

Post by thommey »

It's not a configuration issue. I can see 2 possibilities for that behaviour
1) You still have the old bind active because you only rehashed when you initially changed the bind to n|n (check .binds !sql in partyline), .restart to fix this.
2) Everyone is recognized as owner with global or channel +n, check .channel #chan in partyline and look at what handle the user who shouldn't ne able to access to got.
b
bharvey
Voice

Post by bharvey »

thommey wrote:It's not a configuration issue. I can see 2 possibilities for that behaviour
1) You still have the old bind active because you only rehashed when you initially changed the bind to n|n (check .binds !sql in partyline), .restart to fix this.
can you explain how I check that please? I'm new to this..
2) Everyone is recognized as owner with global or channel +n, check .channel #chan in partyline and look at what handle the user who shouldn't ne able to access to got.
And this.. thanks!
b
bharvey
Voice

Post by bharvey »

bharvey wrote:
thommey wrote:It's not a configuration issue. I can see 2 possibilities for that behaviour
can you explain how I check that please? I'm new to this..
And this.. thanks!
OK - I was able to see in DCC by doing .binds that !sql n|n is set

I'm not seeing where it's telling me what handle the user has in .dcc though. I did the .channel #channel . Under Handle is my name?? Not n, m, o, d or b.
b
blake
Master

Post by blake »

On the party line do .whois username/handle this will show what flags the users have on your bot
b
bharvey
Voice

Post by bharvey »

blake wrote:On the party line do .whois username/handle this will show what flags the users have on your bot
I did this and only my name shows.
b
bharvey
Voice

Post by bharvey »

Should the handle be the name of a person?

I see nothing that says n=owner or m=master or o=op

If I'm binding n | n and o | o how do I give the OP's the proper access in the user file.

thanks!
b
blake
Master

Post by blake »

.adduser nickname
Then do .chattr handle +flags
Handle is normaly made up of the first 9 letters of the nickname
Flags being +mno or whatever