This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

running eggdrop in chrooted environment (openbsd)

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
s
sputnik
Voice

running eggdrop in chrooted environment (openbsd)

Post by sputnik »

I'm not sure if this is right section for posting this one, but i'll take my chances anyway. So i'm running an eggdrop in chrooted environment (openbsd 4.8), it wasn't really complicated to set it up. With the help of lsof and ktrace i could successfully find out all the files it needs and to copy them to chroot. Anyway, i believe something is missing. Eggdrop runs ok, all scripts work except for Djoezy's weather. Well it works, but doesn't collect an information from google. Or from db file. Well i have no idea if it lacks some certain network resources or some dependency... Any help would be appreciated.
Pixelz
Voice

Post by Pixelz »

Tcl comes with a bunch of default packages. My guess is that you didn't copy those over to your chroot. This particular script needs the http package to work properly, but I would suggest that you copy all of it over.

You will probably see open() calls to pkgIndex.tcl all over the place.
Pixelz @ EFnet, freenode, QuakeNet, Undernet
s
sputnik
Voice

Post by sputnik »

Well i did copy all of tcl execs and libraries, that's for sure. I'm not really sure about all the dependencies of tcl, though... Anyway, fsck, urban dictionary, rss parser scripts are working without any trouble, and they do also require http package to work properly, don't they? Thanks for the tip, i'll try to copy all the depenencies of tcl into the chroot and let you know if it will do the trick... But maybe there's a way to ensure if http script works properly, or the sugest would be just to ktrace more carefully?
Pixelz
Voice

Post by Pixelz »

There's always the possibility that the script just doesn't work and that it's unrelated to your chrooted eggdrop. Websites often change and scripts will break without warning.
s
sputnik
Voice

Post by sputnik »

You're right about this pkgIndex.tcl, i can see in ktrace output it couldn't find it, though this pkgIndex.tcl exists in the chroot just as all other tcl files... Any suggestions?
Pixelz
Voice

Post by Pixelz »

I suspect that the problem is that the script doesn't work because the website changed. Try one of the weather scripts on the Script Support & Releases board.