This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Seems like a challange :bot writing textdoc

Requests for complete scripts or modifications/fixes for scripts you didn't write. Response not guaranteed, and no thread bumping!
P
Perhap
Voice

Seems like a challange :bot writing textdoc

Post by Perhap »

Hey like my topic says
I want my bot to edit a text doc on the server. I tried everything and sat on it over 10 hours and now its over, I need a script that edits a textdoc for me so if i write "!example i want to edit a textdoc" the bot edits a text document on the server and saves it after,
so I can request my text by using !ReExample or set the topic to the contence of that textdoc

Im not the best scripter but im not dumb and didn´t manage to wirte such script so now I hope somebody here maybe got experience or knowlage to do so.

Im seeing forward to an answer

Regards Perhap
hrz
Voice

Post by hrz »

How do you intend to edit the text? Seems to me that the best way would be to just append text and allow regexp editing of the full text. Do you have any thoughts on how you suppose you want that done?