This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

SSL support in 1.8 cvs

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
p
pseudo
Halfop

SSL support in 1.8 cvs

Post by pseudo »

We added SSL support in the cvs, so anybody interested can try it out. You can get a snapshot from ftp://ftp.eggheads.org/pub/eggdrop/sour ... hot.tar.gz

While 1.8 is in active development, it's fairly usable and I encourage users who need SSL to try it instead of 1.6.20 + the unofficial ssl patch. This will help us improve it and fix any bugs it may have. The snapshot currently has to offer IPv6 and SSL support with some other minor changes from 1.6.20 which you can find in the doc/Changes1.8 document.

To compile 1.8 with SSL support, you need OpenSSL 0.9.8 or higher. Make sure you have the openssl headers installed as well. They are often packaged separately as openssl-dev. For installation and usage information, refer to doc/TLS.

The tls patch is huge and complex, and we don't guarantee it's stable or complete, but in all cases we'd like to hear about any problems you have with it. Submit bug reports and feature requests on our Trac, on the mailing lists or even here in the forum.

Note: since modules for 1.6.x aren't compatible with 1.8.x due to specific version checks, you can find some popular modules updated for 1.8 by me here
spithash
Master

Post by spithash »

Looking forward to the official 1.8 release :)

How soon it's gonna be ?
Libera ##rtlsdr & ##re - Nick: spithash
Click here for troll.tcl
p
pseudo
Halfop

Post by pseudo »

We still have a lot of things to do, but in my estimation we'll have a release candidate somewhere in February-March 2011.
a
ali3n0
Voice

Post by ali3n0 »

Hi folks. I'm trying out eggdrop v1.8.0+tclhashcrash because I'd like to connect to a ngircd that has SSL only connections.

Now, ngircd works fine with SSL, at least from my Android mobile (AndroIRC), but I can't make the eggdrop to connect, logs keep saying:

Sep 4 16:29:50 asimov ngircd[12706]: Accepted connection 9 from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:49020 on socket 6.
Sep 4 16:29:51 asimov ngircd[12706]: Shutting down connection 9 (Socket closed!) with xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:49020 ...
Sep 4 16:29:51 asimov ngircd[12706]: Client unregistered (connection 9): Socket closed!

These are the relative settings I've edited:
set ssl-privatekey "eggdrop.key"
set ssl-certificate "eggdrop.crt"
set ssl-capath "/etc/ssl/"
set ssl-ciphers "ALL"
set ssl-cert-auth 0

set servers {
my.ngircd.server:+6667:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
}

and I created eggdrop.key and eggdrop.crt as suggested too.

Any hint about how to debug this? Thanks!
Alexander Fortin
a
ali3n0
Voice

Post by ali3n0 »

Nevermind, I'm sorry I didn't see the ./configure message complaining about missing ssl.h, installed openssl libraries then recompiled and everything seems to work just fine
Alexander Fortin