This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Eggdrop not logging channel messages

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
v
vladdeh
Voice

Eggdrop not logging channel messages

Post by vladdeh »

I set logfile jpk #channel "logs/#channel.log" in the eggdrop.conf but the logfile only has Joins/parts/quits and ACTIONS (/me) but no normal message any idea why this is happening?
v
vladdeh
Voice

Post by vladdeh »

So I've found what breaks it, it's this script http://pastebin.com/XH0N3rq5

If someone could look at it and tell me why this is stopping my bot from seeing normal channel messages I'd appreciate it.

After I disable this script messages get logged now but since this script is a part of a bunch of other scripts it breaks the rest of my bot

This is what I get every time I send ANY message on a channel after I disable this -> [21:01:50] Tcl error [a:bind:pubm]: invalid command name "a:bind:pubm"
w
willyw
Revered One

Post by willyw »

It has to do with a proc returning 1, and not returning 0. Then logging ceases.

That is not much of an explanation, and I can't seem to find the link, or the post or whatever I read once upon a time that explained it fairly well.

It is likely that it is mentioned more than once, here in the forum - but this just isn't my day for working with Search. Maybe you can have better luck searching.

If I find that other link, I'll post it here.

In the meantime, perhaps someone else can jump in here and actually explain it properly to you. This is why I didn't reply yesterday... I'd hoped someone would give you a good answer.
n
nml375
Revered One

Post by nml375 »

Just for reference;
This is documented in the doc/tcl-commands.doc file included with the eggdrop source. However, this only applies to PUBM bindings (which allows for wildcard matching); PUB bindings will always treat the line of text as a command, and thus will never log the line as chatter (though returning 1 from the proc will cause eggdrop to log it as a command).
NML_375
v
vladdeh
Voice

Post by vladdeh »

So can someone say what I have to chance in that tcl to make it work, I'm quite horrible at this to be honest
v
vladdeh
Voice

Post by vladdeh »

So no one can help me get the bot to log channel messages without having to disable all these scripts :/