This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Help @ Telnet after.rehash Telnet closed and Bot Client exit

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
L
Lightwizzard
Voice

Help @ Telnet after.rehash Telnet closed and Bot Client exit

Post by Lightwizzard »

Hi all,

i have compiled new Eggdrop 1.6.20
when i connect with telnet and i type .rehash the telnet closed and the bot leave IRC with client exit.

.restart works, no problem

any one an idea ?

other problem:

Nick name (adduser etc) is limited on 9 chars in config is wrote 32
in 1.6.19 works with out any problem and i know the older versions with edit the eggdrop.h before the compile beginn, but i understand it right this is not necessary after 1.6.19?!
p
pseudo
Halfop

Re: Help @ Telnet after.rehash Telnet closed and Bot Client

Post by pseudo »

Lightwizzard wrote:Hi all,

i have compiled new Eggdrop 1.6.20
when i connect with telnet and i type .rehash the telnet closed and the bot leave IRC with client exit.

.restart works, no problem

any one an idea ?
Provide a log. Copy and paste the whole output before the telnet session terminates. Otherwise we would have to throw random suggestions at you.
Lightwizzard wrote: other problem:

Nick name (adduser etc) is limited on 9 chars in config is wrote 32
in 1.6.19 works with out any problem and i know the older versions with edit the eggdrop.h before the compile beginn, but i understand it right this is not necessary after 1.6.19?!
Which config? This is set before compiling, not in the config. The difference in new versions is you don't have to edit the source, but instead have a configure option as it should have always been.

Code: Select all

./configure --with-handlen=32
L
Lightwizzard
Voice

Post by Lightwizzard »

Dear Pseudo,

ty for the info with the log file, i know when i type rehash so i can see in the log file i have an tcl error so cant restart the eggdrop.conf.

nice suggestion ^^' i think was to late last night xD
Which config? This is set before compiling, not in the config. The difference in new versions is you don't have to edit the source, but instead have a configure option as it should have always been.

Code:

Code: Select all

./configure --with-handlen=32
ah ok so now i understand it in the eggdrop.conf i change to 32 but in compile i didnt use the handlen

Ty too for the info

so i can search the failures and can use .rehash and the nick name isnt any Problem now

Tyvm for ur help