This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

incith:google :)

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

your encrypted channel communications are irrelevant to that (and any other) channel script

if you want the script to understand and reply with encrypted text, customize it to suit your needs - incorporate [decrypt] and [encrypt] in the public trigger and output procs respectively
connection, sharing, dcc problems? click <here>
before asking for scripting help, read <this>
use

Code: Select all

tag when posting logs, code
J
Joori
Voice

Post by Joori »

hey, neat script i just installed it and it seems to work fine with query's to the bot but when i try and use a pub command in channel it doesn't do anything, won't display results and looks like doesn't even search. i've tried looking through the tcl and because im a noob and don't know how to code i can't seem to find the error thats causing it to not display when accessed through channel commands.

Wondering if there is a fix as i have the current version running with http.tcl loaded and still the same result even though im running the bot off a linux shell i thought maybe http.tcl would fix the problem but alas it hasn't :(

Cheers,

Joori.
m
minted
Halfop

Post by minted »

did u .chanset #channel +google ?
it must be enabled for each channel on the partyline
J
Joori
Voice

Post by Joori »

minted wrote:did u .chanset #channel +google ?
it must be enabled for each channel on the partyline
Ofcourse ;) - that was the first thing i checked. It's enabled yet it won't pick up the command in channel, only through private message. I did notice that other scripts did the same i.e incith:weather, variants of google.tcl i've found around the place, and another weather script called meteo.tcl did the same and would only work in pm. I even tried an ask jeeves tcl which didn't work at all seeing as it has no code for pm only public.

The only other tcl that works in channel is the Services TCL v2.2 script i'm using to hold op's in a channel and that seems to work just fine. All pub commands are working so iono whats the go with the others.. It's really got me stumped this one considering the no results bug was fixed in a previous version. Im using eggdrop 1.6.17 so it should be working :|
No Haters, No Spies, Just the love 'tween my thighs!
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

Side thought .. using colours/bold may not be 'seen' by the bot.
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
J
Joori
Voice

Post by Joori »

Alchera wrote:Side thought .. using colours/bold may not be 'seen' by the bot.
I use plain text to call the query?
eg. !google whatever or !g such and such

I have colours + bold set in the config but they work fine when i private the bot my queries...

I might just do a recompile as it's started to seg fault on me when i hop a channel it's sitting on.. so.. hopefully it's the egg :P
J
Joori
Voice

Post by Joori »

Just an update google is working now in channel. It was the way i compiled the bot.. my shell offers 2 methods "getdrop deafult" or "getdrop 32" which allows 32 char nicks .. i had it on the 32 option so i switched back to default and voila! it worked! Mind you i still have in the eggdrop.conf file set maxchar to 32 or w/e the option is called tho i havn't experienced any problems yet with it reading nicks longer than 9 char..

So after all that im glad now i can rest in peace now that the problem is solved.. thanks to all who offered their help, appreciate it alot :)
A
AtomicBanana
Voice

Post by AtomicBanana »

Hi, this script is awesome!

I'm having a wierd problem with it though...

!image works fine

define: works fine, they all seem to work fine, except the straight !google . It always says Sorry, no search results were found. I'm running a pretty stock eggdrop conf, any ideas?
J
Joori
Voice

Post by Joori »

Thats weird. When mine was having truoble working it wouldn't recognise any triggers sent... kinda weird how all the others are working yet straight !google doesn't. Maybe try a .restart instead of a .rehash ? or recompile the egg... hopefully u won't need to do that and the .restart should fix it.. if not then iono maybe u might need to recompile after all.

I was using eggdrop1.6.17 for incith:google same with incith:weather and they both work fine now after my recompile.
A
AtomicBanana
Voice

Post by AtomicBanana »

Thats weird. When mine was having truoble working it wouldn't recognise any triggers sent... kinda weird how all the others are working yet straight !google doesn't. Maybe try a .restart instead of a .rehash ? or recompile the egg... hopefully u won't need to do that and the .restart should fix it.. if not then iono maybe u might need to recompile after all.

I was using eggdrop1.6.17 for incith:google same with incith:weather and they both work fine now after my recompile.
Tried a quick .rehash and .restart with no luck :( I'm not averse to recompiling the egg, but just curious as to how that would help? I'll keep messing with it... just to check - what's the latest version of the script?
J
Joori
Voice

Post by Joori »

AtomicBanana wrote: Tried a quick .rehash and .restart with no luck :( I'm not averse to recompiling the egg, but just curious as to how that would help? I'll keep messing with it... just to check - what's the latest version of the script?
I don't know exactly tho when i had problems with google not displaying anything in channel only through private messages regardless if i had set +google in the egg.. i tried rehashing restarting killing and starting the egg all to no avail.. so i just though stuff it i'll recompile and it worked!

Dunno if it will be the same for u but i mean it's worth a shot in the end when you have run out of options.

Latest version is 1.8
incith
Master

Post by incith »

Script is working good here too from what I can tell.

I think all the incith:* scripts are due for an overhaul, lol. I think I'll work on :weather 2.0 soon.

Also, the latest version of google can always be obtained from http://xrl.us/j9ya (not sure what it expands to anymore, hehe, woota.net/incith-google-current.tar.gz I think or something)

Anyway, google is of course maintained by madwoota now, and this is where he tars up releases he is working on.. this is the version I use.

Good luck..
A
AtomicBanana
Voice

Post by AtomicBanana »

Thanks for the reply, I'll spend some time messing with it and see if I can figure it out. Will report back :)
k
kretek
Voice

Post by kretek »

madwoota wrote: (...)
If you have access, check and see if the file "ascii.enc" exists in a subdir under your tcl lib dir.

Eg, its likely to be in: /usr/lib/tcl8.?/encoding/ascii.enc
Or wherever your /lib/tcl8.# dir is.
I found this file in /urs/share/tcl/tcl8.4/encoding
and there is 79 files.
madwoota wrote: Another option is to type the "tclsh" command from the shell command prompt. When you get the "%" prompt from it, type "encoding names" and you should end up with a list like this:
(...)
I have the same result, but some names in different sequence:

s1110@mars:~> tclsh
% encoding names
cp860 cp861 cp862 cp863 tis-620 cp864 cp865 cp866 gb2312-raw gb12345 cp949 cp950 cp869 dingbats ksc5601 cp874 macCentEuro macUkraine jis0201 gb2312 euc-cn euc-jp iso8859-10 macThai jis0208 iso2022-jp macIceland iso2022 iso8859-13 jis0212 iso8859-14 iso8859-15 cp737 iso8859-16 big5 euc-kr macRomania macTurkish gb1988 iso2022-kr macGreek cp437 ascii macRoman iso8859-1 iso8859-2 iso8859-3 koi8-r iso8859-4 ebcdic macCroatian iso8859-5 cp1250 iso8859-6 macCyrillic cp1251 koi8-u iso8859-7 macDingbats cp1252 iso8859-8 cp1253 iso8859-9 cp1254 cp1255 cp850 cp1256 cp932 identity cp1257 cp852 macJapan cp1258 utf-8 shiftjis cp855 cp936 symbol cp775 unicode cp857
%
I still had same ascii error when someone write something on channel :/
incith
Master

Post by incith »

I've fixed this for kretek by modifying line 1117 (in my version anyway).

The line is this:

if {[encoding system] != "identity" && [lsearch [encoding names] "ascii"]} {
Changed to:

if {[encoding system] != "identity" && [lsearch [encoding names] "ascii"] > 0} {
(the > 0 at the end)

Edit: That should probably be -1, not 0...

Anyway, to me, this shouldn't solve the problem, but it appears to be working for him. If anyone else is having this problem, try this, otherwise my next attempt would have been to add the line encoding system iso8859-1 somewhere near the top of the file..