This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

AllProtection.tcl (Stable: v4.8 / Beta: v4.9b4)

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
S
Spectre
Voice

Post by Spectre »

well i wish it was sometimes i get it loadsss in some secs hope any way to sort that..
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

@Luminous The best suggestion I can give you is upgrade to 4.6

@Spectre The same suggestion applies to you. However, to fix that problem, fix your script's configuration (you have invalid settings). The settings must be the same as documented.
L
Luminous
Op

Post by Luminous »

Sir_Fz: I actually figured you would tell me that. ;)

Before I do... the reason I have kept 4.5, was because in this script, I found out how to disable the ctcp-version reply appendment, but when I looked through the 4.6 one, I did not see it. I'm pretty anal about my ctcp replies, lol. Did you disable that already? If not, where is it in the script? Thanks.
S
Spectre
Voice

Post by Spectre »

have a problem with swearing part of the tcl

set bwords(global) {
*[censored]*
"*bastard *"

these are on the list for example

i did try some of them but while it work for [censored] n fag it doesnt work for bastard n [censored] same for the words i added anyone tested this ?
n
nml375
Revered One

Post by nml375 »

@Spectre:
This would be due to the glob-style matching done by "string match", try using "*\[censored\]*" instead.
NML_375
S
Spectre
Voice

Post by Spectre »

oh the forums filtered that word it was fu ck lol
well the tcl doesnt work for the words already added in it weid.. some works some doesnt..
n
nml375
Revered One

Post by nml375 »

Ohh, I see...
Could be the space you've got between bastard and the trailing * then?
NML_375
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

@Luminous Yeah I just made it a little bit "harder" to find that line in the script but with a little digging you can easily find it. I won't guide you on how to remove it :lol: However, a quick hack would be setting ctcp-version after loading the script.

@Spectre Once the script has been loaded, adding words to the lists inside the script won't affect the actual lists the bot uses (since these are stored in a separate file generated by the script when ran). You must always use the '.ap:add' DCC command to add new elements to the list(s) (documented in the script).
S
Spectre
Voice

Post by Spectre »

ty for the command will try that but then it doesnt work for the list u got in the tcl as these example i gave
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

It's like this: The examples in the script are added to the global bwords list. Now, if you add new words to the same list (global) then these words will be appended to the existing ones. However, when you create a channel-specific list the script ignores the words in the global list and will only consider words from the channel-specific list for that channel.

Basically global lists are for channels that do not have channel-specific lists.
n
nml375
Revered One

Post by nml375 »

@Sir_Fz: Just had a look at that part of the code, I suppose you could splice the global list with the channel specific using concat and lsort.

Code: Select all

if {![info exists bwords($chan)]} { set l $bwords(global) } { set l $bwords($chan) }
The above would be changed like this:

Code: Select all

if {![info exists bwords($chan)]} {
  set l $bwords(global)
} else {
  set l [lsort -unique [concat $bwords(global) $bwords($chan)]]
}
A word of caution though, concat is very sensitive to list structures, and if not all arguments are proper lists, the result is not guarantee'd to be a valid list.
NML_375
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

Yes you're right nml375, I should have implemented it that way from the beginning. Thanks for your suggestion, I'll definitely apply it in the final release.
S
Spectre
Voice

Post by Spectre »

not sure but i found out yesterday and today the bot resetting all settings back to default in the tcl and is that a bug or something i do wrong ?
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

When you set an invalid setting on a channel, the script automatically resets it to the default settings defined in the script. Follow the documentation. For example if one of the settings is supposed to be {+/- <pmethod> <ban-time> <ban-type>} and you set it to any different format, the script resets it to initial default.
C
Casey952
Voice

Post by Casey952 »

Can the random drones be made to K-Line them when they connect to the network?