This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

incith:google :)

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
m
madwoota
Halfop

Post by madwoota »

Hi all, just a bugfix release for incith-google - bumps it to version 1.8.2.

From the changelog:
- added tied result check to google fight
- fixed groups parsing that broke
- fixed local parsing that broke
- fixed "answer" matches parsing that broke
- fixed a chance of a "define:" + a "Did you mean:" not returning a result as expected

Available here:
http://www.woota.net/~madwoota/incith-g ... ent.tar.gz

Regards,
-madwoota
C
CrimsonDawn
Voice

Post by CrimsonDawn »

Hey madwoota. Thanks for updating the script. Unfortunately, whenever I do a standard google search (using !google Microsoft for example), the eggdrop reports an error (in the party line) and doesn't return the search. All other features work (images, videos, definitions and spelling, etc), just not normal google searches.

The error is as follows:

Code: Select all

(RoninBot) [17:15] Tcl error [incith::google::public_message]: can't unset "did_you_mean": no such variable
Any ideas on what needs to be fixed up? Thanks in advance!
m
madwoota
Halfop

Post by madwoota »

Er, yeh, 2am coding sux :)

Woops.

Fixed (reget it)
C
CrimsonDawn
Voice

Post by CrimsonDawn »

Thanks again, madwoota! Wasn't sure if it was something on my end or not. Works great now. :D
m
madwoota
Halfop

Post by madwoota »

BUMP !

v1.8.3 is Here.

Only 1 significant change but it was certainly annoying:

- added function to strip all &#???; unicode from desc results
- simply replaces #256; to #99999; with a "?"
Try this: "!google define:goulag" and check the result in 1.8.2 vs 1.8.3.

:)
c
cache
Master

Post by cache »

Hey madwoota is the horoscope still on version 2.0? I read somewhere it was over 2.0 but can't find it.

cache.
m
madwoota
Halfop

Post by madwoota »

cache wrote:Hey madwoota is the horoscope still on version 2.0? I read somewhere it was over 2.0 but can't find it.
I think you're talking about some other script. Afaik, incith:google has never explicitly provided any horoscope details.

Unless Google themselves do somehow, then show me an example search and I'll add it.
c
cache
Master

Post by cache »

madwoota wrote:
cache wrote:Hey madwoota is the horoscope still on version 2.0? I read somewhere it was over 2.0 but can't find it.
I think you're talking about some other script. Afaik, incith:google has never explicitly provided any horoscope details.

Unless Google themselves do somehow, then show me an example search and I'll add it.
I believe I saw a post somewhere from incith that you took over incith:horoscope as well - its in tcl archive version 2.0 just wonder if there was any updates - works fine to me anyways.

cache
c
cache
Master

Post by cache »

Everytime my bot crashes, it creates a DEBUG file and has:

tclhash.c/684, [Tcl proc: incith::google::public_message, param: $_pubm1 $_pubm2 $_pubm3 $_pubm4 $_pubm5]

Listed in it..
d
d4z3d1
Voice

Post by d4z3d1 »

I have a question, is there a way to remove the description w/ the results?
I'd like to have 3 results but only the links... excluding the 'desc @' from the "desc @ link" result.
speechles
Revered One

how i updated incith-google

Post by speechles »

I didn't realize this script was still being updated. Saw it in tcl library and for last few months I've been updating it myself. The core of it is incith-google version 1.8.

A bit outdated, yes, but some of my additions you may want to incorporate. here's a short changelog of what changes I remembered I made. I am by no means that good at coding tcl, it will be evident by some of my regexp/regsub approaches and some of the other dirty methods I used to correct minor flaws. :)

Hope somebody finds some of this work useful. I find it useful in the channels I run at least.

Changelog:
1.9:
- updated various regexp's and regsub's in almost all procs to fix non functioning html parsing.
- added !localuk option to display United Kingdom.
- added !youtube for searching videos on youtube.
- added !atomfilms for searching videos on atomfilms.
- added !ifilm for searching videos on ifilm.
- added !gamespot for searching games, etc on gamespot.
- added !gamefaqs, it is able to parse multiple systems and regions, still a work in progress, all bugs have been squashed.

.1:
- added !blog for searching blogsearch.google.
- added !ebay for searching ebay auctions.
- added !ebayfight for amusement, same as googlefight.
- fixed various minor annoyances.
- finally fixed !book (aka print) to work with books.google.
- added !ign for searching ign's website for movies,games,etc.

.2:
- added support for total_search option to show total results or not.
- added support for link_only option (d4z3d1 requested).
- added back complete support for desc/link modes results will now get formatted properly.
(note: doesn't affect gamefaqs list or geobytes location replies)
- added !locate <ip/hostmask> for fetching location info from geobytes.

I also messed around with incith-weather and added some to it as well, although my additions to it aren't documented at all. :/ The core used for this is version 2.2.
here's the link to the weather tcl: http://kiczek.com/ereader/UNOFFICIAL-incith-weather.tcl

Hopefully someone will find these useful and incorporate the changes into the official tcl's. Apologies ahead of time for the messy code. :P

edit:
back again so soon, tried my best to clean up and implement features the script had before I added to it. Everything should now be pretty much perfect (still may be unneccessary code here and there but nothing that would cause bugs), and as d4z3d1 suggested.. added two options to config section.

# set this to 0 to turn off total results appearing with searches.
variable total_results 1

# set this to 1 to remove descriptions and set only links to show
variable link_only 0

enjoy, ~speechless
Last edited by speechles on Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
r
rix
Halfop

Post by rix »

Can user define the number of results displayed via command?
speechles
Revered One

Post by speechles »

# number of search results/image links to return, 'define:' is always 1 as some defs are huge
    variable search_results 4
    variable image_results 4
    variable local_results 4
    variable group_results 3
    variable news_results 3
    variable print_results 2
    variable video_results 4
    variable youtube_results 5
    variable locate_results 1
    variable gamespot_results 3
    variable ifilm_results 5
    variable atom_results 5
    variable gamefaq_results 20
    variable blog_results 3
    variable ebay_results 3
    variable ign_results 3
While it is indeed possible to make these adaptable via partyline, it would seem these wouldn't change often enough to justify coding it for partyline use. It's more like a set-it-and-forget-it setting, so I never cared to add the ability for partyline settings of them... sorries ;)

edit: If by user, you meant person using the eggdrop issuing commands. That is also possible, but would require recoding every proc to pass an additional parameter.. as well as coding the input parser to watch for result switches.. it would require alot of changes i'm not prepared to make at this point, again, sorries.. ;)
H
Hellster
Voice

Post by Hellster »

Not sure if anyone else has had this , but when i load the script up on my eggdrop bot it just crashes :( , running eggdrop v1.6.18
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

Hellster wrote:Not sure if anyone else has had this , but when i load the script up on my eggdrop bot it just crashes :( , running eggdrop v1.6.18
Remove all custom scripts (except incith:google) and then add until you find the one causing the problem.

Logs sometimes contain more information, also the dump file (if created).
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM