This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

compiling error

General support and discussion of Eggdrop bots.
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

You need to install a little more than the four listed; minires & mingw-runtime being just two to ensure proper compilation of the dns module.

Anyway, you do not delete any tcl/tk folders. Once cygwin is installed, within the shell copy tcl-8.4.xx.tar.gz to your root folder and simply extract it as directed; everything will go into the right place.
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
sKy
Op

Post by sKy »

Ok.
If i chose 'all' (in cygwin setup) all packes should be installed? Or do i need to download them extra?
socketapi | Code less, create more.
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

One would hope all get installed but you never know your luck. :lol:

A quick look in the CygwinSetup folder reveals all. :)
Search | FAQ | RTM
sKy
Op

Post by sKy »

Damm.

To change the cygwin1.dll from bin against the old version won`t help. Cygwin won`t start without errormessages then.

I want to get ride of the error ...."proto.h:133: error: conflicting types for 'dprintf'"....
Well, i guess that i need to get the old version of cygwin. This means the hole old setup. The problem will be the get it?

Or any other solution?
BarkerJr
Op

Post by BarkerJr »

So, you installed all, and didn't install Tcl? That don't make sense.
sKy
Op

Post by sKy »

You are so right!
This doesn`t make sense.

I didn`t know that cygwin will install a copy of tcl.
Finnaly i got you what you want me to do. :/

How to i uninstall tcl from cygwin? In setup, which part is it? Admin, Archive, Audio, ..... Which part?

EDIT:
--> LIBS --> TCL/TK.....
it`s the only one to uninstall?
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

I really do not understand what you have done (or not done) but in my previous post I said there is no need to "uninstall" tcl/tk, you simply just download the tarball, copy it to the root folder (all done whilst in the cygwin shell) and simply untar it; it will put itself into the proper location(s) and overwrite whatever is already there.

To get to your root folder within the cygwin shell you simply type: cd /

You can download the appropriate tcl tarball from here.
Search | FAQ | RTM
K
Kirben
Voice

Post by Kirben »

sKy wrote:Damm.

To change the cygwin1.dll from bin against the old version won`t help. Cygwin won`t start without errormessages then.

I want to get ride of the error ...."proto.h:133: error: conflicting types for 'dprintf'"....
Well, i guess that i need to get the old version of cygwin. This means the hole old setup. The problem will be the get it?

Or any other solution?
This is caused by a bug in Cygwin 1.5.19-x, 'dprintf' is defined in stdio.h but doesn't exist in the Cygwin library, so configure doesn't detect it.

To work around the bug in meantime:
Use Cygwin installer to go back to Cygwin 1.5.18-1

OR

After configure is completed, edit the config.h in eggdrop source directory and change:
/* #undef HAVE_DPRINTF */
to
#define HAVE_DPRINTF 1
sKy
Op

Post by sKy »

After configure is completed, edit the config.h in eggdrop source directory and change:
/* #undef HAVE_DPRINTF */
to
#define HAVE_DPRINTF 1
God bless you. Working.

Big thanks to everyone.
Finally i sucessfully compiled a windrop with cygwin myself. :)

I don`t want to withhold you: after compiling it the bot doesn`t connect to irc immediately. So telnet the bot to see whats up. "DNS lookup failed" when trying to connect to IRC servers.

A quick look into the windrop faq told me that i have to to disable the dns module.
loadmodule dns
to
#loadmodule dns
Done that. Bot connecting fast. Works until now without problems. The command dnslookup works aswell too.

Maybe i write a windrop compiling guide. Tbh that wasn`t easy for someone who never used cygwin before with all those pitfalls and the uncomplete compiling guide.
YooHoo
Owner

Post by YooHoo »

sKy wrote:Damm.

Or any other solution?
I say, even though this is an eggdrop forum and not a windrop forum, we be damn helpful anyways :lol:
sKy, why don't you uninstall/delete everything related to cygwin and/or tcl, then redo it from scratch, following the instructions to a T :?:

Sure seems like a load of work tryin' to find that proverbial needle-in-a-haystack error...
:mrgreen: just a thought, hope you get through it :mrgreen:
sKy
Op

Post by sKy »

I say, even though this is an eggdrop forum and not a windrop forum, we be damn helpful anyways
Maybe. I notice some things.
- It won`t be make much sense to start a windrop only forum. (imho)
- Eggdrop is not that different from windrop.
- Here are a lot of guys who want to help.
- It`s non comercial and like every thread else here. Therefore the admins of this fourm won`t care about.
sKy, why don't you uninstall/delete everything related to cygwin and/or tcl, then redo it from scratch, following the instructions to a T
Cause i have already done that several times. The instructions was a bit outdated and umcomplete.

Perhaps you missed to to read my previos post before answering here? I said imy previous post that my problem is solved. =o