This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Eggdrop doesn´t start

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
caesar
Mint Rubber

Post by caesar »

"left the comments out" ?!? .. you got to be kidding. I don't like junk posted around cos I don't like to scroll down just to see some stupid questions about a lil thing in it. That's why I recomand uploading the file to an FREE webhosting page and paste the link. This way will be easier to all the users that see it's post. Don't you agree on that?
Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.
C
CyberLine

Post by CyberLine »

What version of Tcl were you using on the Redhat system? Maybe you can try Tcl 8.4.4 (http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/8.4.html)

I'm not sure if it has something to do with it, but you seem to start the bot as user eggdrop under group root.
user: eggdrop group: users

tcl version on the redhat system was 8.3.3-74
e
egghead
Master

Post by egghead »

caesar wrote:"left the comments out" ?!? .. you got to be kidding. I don't like junk posted around cos I don't like to scroll down just to see some stupid questions about a lil thing in it.
No, you got to be kidding! :evil:

If you consider this topic and the postings made under it as "junk" or "stupid questions", then I recommend you immediately step down as moderator.

If scrolling down a bit is a too big effort for you, then I suggest you ignore this topic further.
caesar wrote: That's why I recomand uploading the file to an FREE webhosting page and paste the link. This way will be easier to all the users that see it's post. Don't you agree on that?
The copy and paste of his config file takes about 4 kb. Throughout time this topic will be read maybe 150 times, generating a traffic of 600 kb.

Besides, many FREE webhosting pages don't allow direct linking of files.
e
egghead
Master

Post by egghead »

CyberLine wrote:
What version of Tcl were you using on the Redhat system? Maybe you can try Tcl 8.4.4 (http://www.tcl.tk/software/tcltk/8.4.html)

I'm not sure if it has something to do with it, but you seem to start the bot as user eggdrop under group root.
user: eggdrop group: users

tcl version on the redhat system was 8.3.3-74
The group seems to be root:
-rw-r--r-- 1 eggdrop root 4021 Aug 30 15:46 eggdrop.conf
With the config file you gave, I could not reproduce the error. Can only suggest to recompile eggdrop and maybe Tcl.
Are other users on the box able to run an up to date version of eggdrop?
C
CyberLine

Post by CyberLine »

Hmm, same error with Tcl8.4.4 :(
There are no other users on the box.
caesar
Mint Rubber

Post by caesar »

No, don't interpret the things I've said to make me look like you've said, as not worthy of moderator status or something. I've said that I usualy don't like and enjoy large posts that have huge codes and a lil question with a lil answer. That's all. I do find the explanation (the rest of the posts) usefull for all the users that may encount the same problem futher later. If someone posts a big code from an tcl and the he asks for an fix of it and the answer was just to correct a simgle line isn't this lame? .. I mean, instead of it an lil post with an description of the problem and with a link atached with the code will be a lot nicer. Don't you agree on that? You know what.. nevermind.. just ignore the things I've said and a good day to you to.
Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.