This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Help required

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
M
Macce

Post by Macce »

Sorry. I'll keep my mout´h closed from now.
f
fireworks
Voice

Post by fireworks »

com'on guys
a little bit of patience could never hurt

the guy is a complete noob, is that considered a crime these days?

Whats the use of a help forum if a question, as dumb as you think it is, gets such a reply??

Macce
you use commands starting with a dot only in the bot's partline (which is kind of own channel you have with the bot )
when you msg the bot from IRC you /msg botname help

anyway like CrazyCat mentioned you have to introduce yourself to the bot first by typing in your IRC client
/msg whateveryourbotnameis hello
and after it replied
/msg samebotasbefore pass thepassyouwanttosetforyourself

the bot will reply again
now you can msg it for help

/msg samebotasbefore help

you should really read the documantation of the bot if you have no clue how to run one. you can even read them in a windows text editor.. and you can also find a lot of reading here:
http://www.egghelp.org/setup.htm
http://www.egghelp.org/using.htm
http://www.egghelp.org/commands/index.htm

Good luck
hope this helps a bit
CrazyCat
Revered One

Post by CrazyCat »

fireworks, you'll be tired soon if you resume the manual for all people who are too lazzy to read it by themself.
:)
f
fireworks
Voice

Post by fireworks »

hehe.. maybe.. but we have to remember that not everybody can read and understand english that easy..

I myself leaned more from watching others than from reading

Only later did the reading part add to my knowledge : )

anyway.. I'm just a soft hearted girl :)
CrazyCat
Revered One

Post by CrazyCat »

I can understand that, but this website is english, and the forum too... so this is not a good excuse :)
more and more we can see websites about eggdrops in other languages, so if noobs don't try to find a good site and/or don't read the manuals, we can't do anything for them.
arcane
Master

Post by arcane »

fireworks wrote: anyway.. I'm just a soft hearted girl :)
yes, that must be the reason :D

well, kidding aside: you are new to this forum, so i guess you haven't read these questions that often. the first few times i read such posts i used to be friendly too, but the more posts you read, the more tired you get. and i don't think that being a noob is a crime, i also started small. BUT: before annoying other ppl, i read everything i could find to solve my problem. so i think that being too lazy to read is a crime. (heh, and if you notice: I didn't flame him *points.with.his.finger.to.all.those.BAD.guys.here* :mrgreen:)
just my few notes. have a nice day :)
aVote page back online!
Check out the most popular voting script for eggdrop bots.

Join the metal tavern!
f
fireworks
Voice

Post by fireworks »

You know guys, I understand your logic and even agree with you : ) but yes arcane... a little less flaming should do the trick, or I'd answer Macce with the correct link (afterall we're egghelp aren't we? :) ) and close this thread inviting him to come back if he'd still have problems after he'd read the manuals propperly.

Thank you both for taking the time to reply to my own post!