This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Xmas|$nick

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

What you're telling me does not make sense to me, so I can't write another code while I'm sure that this one should do the job.
^DooM^
Owner

Post by ^DooM^ »

I think what he means is this.

Pretend bob is the user thats joining #channel.

bob joins the channel and doesn't get voiced

bob changes nick to [anytag]bob

bot sets mode +v [anytag]bob

[anytag]bob changes nick to bob

bot sets mode -v bob

basically what i think he means is anyone that joins or changes nicks to a nick that contain [anythinginsidethesebraces]nick then they are given voice.

Slap me if i am wrong :lol:
The lifecycle of a noob is complex. Fledgling noobs gestate inside biometric pods. Once a budding noob has matured thru gestation they climb out of their pod, sit down at a PC, ask a bunch of questions that are clearly in the FAQ, The Noob is born
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

That's what the script's supposed to do, but he's saying that it does it vice-versa (i.e the nicks with [tag] don't get voice and all others do.)
^DooM^
Owner

Post by ^DooM^ »

Yes I agree your script should work fine or at least not voice anyone beacuse he hasn't set \[yourtag\] to anything specific. I think he wants anything in \[ here \] tho not just one specific tag. but as for the voicing that should work.
The lifecycle of a noob is complex. Fledgling noobs gestate inside biometric pods. Once a budding noob has matured thru gestation they climb out of their pod, sit down at a PC, ask a bunch of questions that are clearly in the FAQ, The Noob is born