This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

Universal channel script

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

if you need to use spaces embedded in bad word definitions (that are actually treated as, mind you, regular expressions) such as " sex ", patch the script to split by newlines/tabs only, replace:

Code: Select all

foreach elem [split [read $f] " \t\r\n\f"] {
with:

foreach elem [split [read $f] "\t\r\n\f"] {
and use one bad word definition per line
connection, sharing, dcc problems? click <here>
before asking for scripting help, read <this>
use

tag when posting logs, code
k
kuto
Voice

bugs in badwords.txt

Post by kuto »

I followed your instruction but nothing has changed.

code:
foreach elem [split [read $f] "\t\r\n\f"] {

here's the sample:

<chatter> hi sexy!
* bot sets mode: +b *!otlog@*
* chatter was kicked by bot (Banned: We dont need ROTTEN words in here!! shoo shoo!! (1))

in my badwords.txt file
world2
seb
sex
[censored]
[censored]

Hope this help.

Regards.
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

so you have defined "sex" and not " sex " or even "sex ", what did you expect?
use

e
exhuman
Voice

Post by exhuman »

[20:42] Tcl error in file 'eggdrop.conf':
[20:42] wrong # args: should be "scan nick uhost hand chan"
    while executing
"scan $elem {%[^:]:%[^:]:%s} name udef val"
    (procedure "init" line 33)
    invoked from within
"init $chan"
    ("foreach" body line 2)
    invoked from within
"foreach chan [channels] {
        init $chan
        load $chan bad words
        load $chan whois bads
}"
    (in namespace eval "::xchannel" script line 562)
    invoked from within
"namespace eval xchannel {

variable version "xchannel-3.6"

variable script [info script]

variable names {punish bantype bantime reason}
variable ude..."
    (file "scripts/xchannel.tcl" line 105)
    invoked from within
"source scripts/xchannel.tcl"
    (file "eggdrop.conf" line 1113)
[20:42] * CONFIG FILE NOT LOADED (NOT FOUND, OR ERROR)
wishkey@vortex:~/eggdrop$
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

What's with your [scan] problem?

It seems you have a conflict with a custom proc named scan. Unload any other scripts you might be using.
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

that's why everyone should be using namespaces in their newly-developed scripts
use

e
exhuman
Voice

Thanks for Help

Post by exhuman »

Thanks to all who helping me.
I am new on IRC and BOT and TCL.

Well now my Eggdrop working cool with your protection.
I need more help and sugessions.

First thing, i making one protection eggdrop so i using your TCL for that, except this TCL i avoiding to use anyother TCL. and Protection is running cool.

Now i have few queries and requesting sugessions.

1. i used +dontkickops but still BOT kick OP which OP type something fast,how to prevent this, i didn't understand how to override eggdrop setting cuz i already used +dontkickops in eggdrop.

2. if some OP deop BOT then either BOT didn't do anything and if i use revenge-mode 1 in eggdrop then bot start deop and kicking OP. i simply want when Someone DEOP BOT, BOT OP himself, and if its repet again then first he deop OP, Then BAN OP and Last KICKBAN that OP who DEOP BOT.

3. As now days MassKick is famous, i want to protect Masskick, so i wish that BOT BAN *!*@services.dal.net, if he see that masskick is taking place and same time he DEL AOP Access who try to do such thing. no matter i be give SOP access to BOT.

4. If any OP join Channel with different Nick by identifing OP access BOT will DEL his Access Automatically. (i didn't know it is possible or not but i feel there is command WHYOP from there BOT be able to scan and check he using OP nick or something else. )

I using this BOT on DALNET so all my request for DALNET Channel Protection.

Please sugesset me it is possible, and if how it will be.

Regards
demond
Revered One

Re: Thanks for Help

Post by demond »

exhuman wrote: 1. i used +dontkickops but still BOT kick OP which OP type something fast,how to prevent this, i didn't understand how to override eggdrop setting cuz i already used +dontkickops in eggdrop.
have your ops added as +o users in the bot
2. if some OP deop BOT then either BOT didn't do anything and if i use revenge-mode 1 in eggdrop then bot start deop and kicking OP. i simply want when Someone DEOP BOT, BOT OP himself, and if its repet again then first he deop OP, Then BAN OP and Last KICKBAN that OP who DEOP BOT.
nobody can op themselves on irc, you need to have someone/something (e.g. services) re-op your bot; this is done via scripting which is not part of xchannel, you need another script for that
3. As now days MassKick is famous, i want to protect Masskick, so i wish that BOT BAN *!*@services.dal.net, if he see that masskick is taking place and same time he DEL AOP Access who try to do such thing. no matter i be give SOP access to BOT.
you are confused, services.dal.net is not to be banned, it's network services' host (actually you can't ban it even if you want to do so); moreover, xchannel does not provide protection against your own ops - my firm belief is that if you are stupid enough to allow rogue ops, you deserve what you get from them
4. If any OP join Channel with different Nick by identifing OP access BOT will DEL his Access Automatically. (i didn't know it is possible or not but i feel there is command WHYOP from there BOT be able to scan and check he using OP nick or something else. )
again, you need another script for that; xchannel has nothing to do with services, it has another purpose (not to mention that i dislike services and services-related scripts)
I using this BOT on DALNET so all my request for DALNET Channel Protection.
then search the script archive for dalnet scripts; xchannel is a general-purpose protection script, not oriented towards any specific irc network or services - and it will stay that way
use

demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

heads up: i'm tinkering with private spam scanner a la spambuster, but much easier to use (nothing to configure except chan cycle frequency); will be included with the next ver, 4.0
use

e
exhuman
Voice

Little Help

Post by exhuman »

Please Let me know In xchannen how to Control

Join / Part Flood

Join / Part Flood in which flooder Message/Notice when they Join/Part.

Same time i m Little confuse about timer, if i have to lock channel for 90 second when flood take place then what i will have to do.?

I Getting Problem like this from flooder and my setting is

.chanset #channel x:mass:rate 4:1 

(01:48) » Joins: _Underground_ (~d4k508856@201.12.189.79)
(01:48) « Parts: _Underground_ (~d4k508856@201.12.189.79) ([                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     ])
(01:48) » Joins: _Underground_ (~d4k508856@201.12.189.79)
(01:48) « Parts: _Underground_ (~d4k508856@201.12.189.79) ([                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     ])
(01:48) » Joins: [eRroneous] (~mt8w797@201.12.189.79)
(01:48) « Parts: [eRroneous] (~mt8w797@201.12.189.79) ([                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     ])
(01:48) » Joins: [eRroneous] (~mt8w797@201.12.189.79)
(01:48) « Parts: [eRroneous] (~mt8w797@201.12.189.79) ([                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     ])
(01:48) ›› Mode change: +b *!*k508856@201.12.189.* by Op3raToR
(01:48) ›› Mode change: +im by Op3raToR
(01:48) ›› Mode change: +b *!*mt8w797@201.12.189.* by Op3raToR
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

your x:mass:rate is set to a value that defies the idea of mass flood protection, which is meant to be triggered by considerably larger number of events in slightly longer period of time; I'd suggest you leave the default (20:3) untouched, or at least not set it lower than 10:2

as to controlling join/part floods, those protections obey eggdrop's standard flood settings (flood-join)
use

demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

The NEW version 4.0 is out!

I have implemented private spam scanner similar to that in spambuster, but much easier to configure & use; in fact, you have only one setting to mess with - chan cycle frequency (as usual, per channel)

for those of you who don't know spambuster's scan mechanism - a clone of the bot is being forked and used to periodically cycle +x:pspam channels, catching private spammers; it uses the bot's altnick

as ever, feedback is much appreciated as I'm rarely on IRC these days and haven't tested the new version extensively
use

demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

hint: you can monitor the spam scanner's actions on console log level 3
use

demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

a valid rationale for adding dcc commands to another script of mine has been posted elsewhere, so I'll probably borrow the idea also for xchannel
use

kash2k
Voice

Post by kash2k »

Hi demond.. It is a wonderful script.
All in one.. You can call it Xchannelcompact.tcl :P

I just have a query : Whenever I Rehash the bot I get an error saying "badword.txt" not found and "badwhois.txt".

Can you tell me if I need to get these files from somewhere? or what is the method to create them.
I am using this script for the first time