This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

TVRage.com Schedule Script (Latest: 2.0)

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
rosc2112
Revered One

Re: trigger error?

Post by rosc2112 »

speedism wrote:[04:28]
[04:28] couldn't set loop variable: "trigger"
What did you put in the conf file for todayTrigger?
a
ascension
Voice

Post by ascension »

rosc why dont you post a new version of this tcl, so many changes.. it's nuts! the guy said feel free to edit/fix it as he can't anyway.. would be nice to have it even if it isn't finalized so we can use a temporary ver =]
rosc2112
Revered One

Post by rosc2112 »

Cos my copy isn't complete, I haven't worked on some of the stuff I wanted to do. My copy is basically a debug version with comments and putcmdlogs in some places, but it is functional and adds a few features and fixes a few bugs. If you really want it, I posted it here:

http://members.dandy.net/~fbn/tvrage.rosc.001.tar.bz2

I talked to GaveUp and I believe he will incorporate some of my changes, and presumably release another version sometime. He had some changes too but I don't know if he found the copy of the script he said he lost.

In any case, I still need to know what you put into the trigger so I can test to see if the problem is the trigger itself or something in the script.

Edit: I just uploaded a fresh copy, so the version number 001 isn't right, but the files inside are the latest ones I've editted.
s
speedism
Voice

Post by speedism »

rosc....
What did you put in the conf file for todayTrigger?
I put "!tonight"
s
scr1pt
Voice

Post by scr1pt »

nice update friend

need help with time...
New TV Shows for Monday, 02 Apr 2007 ***All Times in EST/EDT***

how do i get it to show in GMT+2/+4
rosc2112
Revered One

Post by rosc2112 »

scr1pt wrote:need help with time...
New TV Shows for Monday, 02 Apr 2007 ***All Times in EST/EDT***
how do i get it to show in GMT+2/+4
I don't think it's possible on the website itself to set different time zones, the option in the conf file for offsetHours is for the announce function (which currently isn't working, I haven't spent any time debugging it thoroughly.)

The string that shows "All Times in EST/EDT" is in the themes file, but that's based on the country that's being used. Other countries use different timezones of course, and you can set the string in the theme to use that.

If I'm guessing correctly, you're using the Great Britain time schedule? If that's the case, you can use this in the theme file:

Code: Select all

# Mind the word-wrap, this should be all one line:

# Header to display before showing a schedule.  
set tvrage(scheduleHeader) "PRIVMSG {%%chan%%} :\00305New Shows for\003\0038 {%%date%%}\003\00314 {@%country:US:  ***All
 Times in US EST/EDT***%@}{@%country:CA:  ***All Times in Canada EST/EDT***%@}{@%country:UK:  ***All Times in Britain BS
T***%@}{@%country:KR:  ***All Times in ?Korean Time Zone?***%@}{@%country:JP:  ***All Times in ?Japan Time Zone?***%@}{@
%country:SE:  ***All Times in ?Swedish Time Zone?***%@}{@%country:AU:  ***All Times in ?Australian Time Zone?***%@}\003
That will produce different strings for each country you pull data for.
rosc2112
Revered One

Post by rosc2112 »

speedism wrote:I put "!tonight"
Try it with my copy of the script (posted above) and if you're still having errors, post your entire conf (minus comments and extra lines.) I just tested with '!tonight' as the trigger and there was no problems. My version does binds somewhat differently.
n
n8pimpin
Voice

continuous error msg

Post by n8pimpin »

[3:51/p] <(> [23:51] tvrage.tcl error: dict required.
[3:51/p] <(> [23:51] Successfully loaded TVRage.com Primetime Schedule Script v1.0 RC2
[3:51/p] <(> [23:51] Userfile loaded, unpacking...
[3:51/p] <(> [23:52] Tcl error [::tvrage::announceShows]: invalid command name "dict"
[3:52/p] <(> [23:53] Tcl error [::tvrage::announceShows]: invalid command name "dict"
[3:53/p] <(> [23:53] Updating tvrage schedule cache..
[3:53/p] <(> [23:53] Tcl error in script for 'timer2':
[3:53/p] <(> [23:53] invalid command name "dict"
[3:53/p] <(> [23:54] Tcl error [::tvrage::announceShows]: invalid command name "dict"
[3:54/p] <(> [23:55] Tcl error [::tvrage::announceShows]: invalid command name "dict"

what am i doing wrong if i continue to get that error?
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

n8pimpin: Obviously the dict library isn't compiled/installed.
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
n
n8pimpin
Voice

Post by n8pimpin »

oh boy, here comes a n00b question:

what is a dict and how do install it on my eggdrop?
G
GaveUp
Op

Post by GaveUp »

You want answers? Try this radical concept called READING. I know, I know but bear with me ... why do you think this thread exists? For people to repeatedly ask the same inane questions? (*hint* it's not)

Yes, I'm short. No, I won't spoon feed you answers. If people are that lazy that they can not inform themselves on what something is then I have absolutely no patience with them. If you can't figure out how to use a search function or use google then you quite frankly have no business running an eggdrop in the first place.
n
n8pimpin
Voice

Post by n8pimpin »

ouch, i guess egghelp is the wrong place to ask for eggHELP.org

but i will read up on it, thanks for the pep talk.
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

n8pimpin wrote:ouch, i guess egghelp is the wrong place to ask for eggHELP.org

but i will read up on it, thanks for the pep talk.
Help is given to those that make an effort to help themselves.

If you are running a Windrop then there is probably no help available regarding your problem.
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
a
ascension
Voice

Re: continuous error msg

Post by ascension »

n8pimpin wrote:[3:51/p] <(> [23:51] tvrage.tcl error: dict required.
[3:51/p] <(> [23:51] Successfully loaded TVRage.com Primetime Schedule Script v1.0 RC2
[3:51/p] <(> [23:51] Userfile loaded, unpacking...
[3:51/p] <(> [23:52] Tcl error [::tvrage::announceShows]: invalid command name "dict"
[3:52/p] <(> [23:53] Tcl error [::tvrage::announceShows]: invalid command name "dict"
[3:53/p] <(> [23:53] Updating tvrage schedule cache..
[3:53/p] <(> [23:53] Tcl error in script for 'timer2':
[3:53/p] <(> [23:53] invalid command name "dict"
[3:53/p] <(> [23:54] Tcl error [::tvrage::announceShows]: invalid command name "dict"
[3:54/p] <(> [23:55] Tcl error [::tvrage::announceShows]: invalid command name "dict"

what am i doing wrong if i continue to get that error?
look inside tvrage.tcl and fine the following lines:

if {[catch {package require dict} error]} {
   die "tvrage.tcl error: dict required."
}
Just comment each line out by prefixing all three with a # sign so it looks like the following:

#if {[catch {package require dict} error]} {
#   die "tvrage.tcl error: dict required."
#}

!today and !tomorrow work fine for me, I have tcl 8.5 and compiled eggdrop with it and still got the same error (eggdrop confirmed it was using tcl 8.5), so, I knew I had dict... since it is defaulted w/ tcl 8.5*.. so I just commented it out to see if there would be functionality.. and there was. It worked fine for !today and !tomorrow and has thus far which is all i care for. Hopefully other tv scripts will be created when this one stops working due to all the problems people have with it. Or maybe, I'll bother to write one if I ever get enough free time. It's times like these I wonder where greenbear went!
rosc2112
Revered One

Post by rosc2112 »

The script requires dict, it'd be better to change the DIE command with at least a putcmdlog "YOU NEED DICT" or something.. I took the die commands out of my copy :P

Aside from the announce not working, what problems are you talking about? I fixed a few and added some features into the copy I posted. I'd just as soon remove the announce feature than worry about fixing it.

As far as writing a whole new script, why? This one works just fine when you actually bother to read the documentation and install dict as instructed. Truthfully, it's much easier to simply load a webbrowser and go to tvguide.com and look at schedules than make irc scripts for such silly things.