This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

TVRage.com Schedule Script (Latest: 2.0)

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
G
GaveUp
Op

Post by GaveUp »

The error was caused due to a dict or tcl bug if I recall correctly. Something like that. It wasn't an issue with the script and nothing could be done about it. I imagine it's the same issue still.
J
Joori
Voice

Post by Joori »

Bugger, guess i can't run it, or wait for an update for tcl and see if that fixes the problem.

Cheers for the rapid response!
No Haters, No Spies, Just the love 'tween my thighs!
G
GaveUp
Op

Post by GaveUp »

If it's the bug I'm thinking of dict still loads and the script will work. It just throws the warning everytime you load the script.
J
Joori
Voice

Post by Joori »

GaveUp wrote:If it's the bug I'm thinking of dict still loads and the script will work. It just throws the warning everytime you load the script.
Unfortunately, I dont think it is the same bug. You see, when I try to load the script I get;

Code: Select all

[22:03]  tvrage.tcl error: dict required. READ: http://forum.egghelp.org/viewtopic.php?p=67617#67617
So thinking that the script should still load, I try and set the channels I would like to announce to and get;

.chanset #pkr +tvannounce
Error trying to set +tvannounce for #pkr, invalid mode.
I'm thinking that the dict error is preventing the rest of the script from loading and executing the binds which would allow me to set various announce channels and/or quiet channels.
G
GaveUp
Op

Post by GaveUp »

You are right. This is a different error. For some reason TCL isn't finding the dict module.
J
Joori
Voice

Post by Joori »

Ok, well I've given up on trying to figure out the error with TCL8.5.. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and all to no avail. I have now installed TCL8.4 and the Dict package mentioned in previous posts in this thread. The script now works just fine 8)

After all that, I should have just installed TCL8.4 in the first place instead of trying to troubleshoot the error when I myself know next to nothing about TCL programming. My *nix knowledge is limited in it'self so yeah... all good now. Works great so far :wink:

Cheers for the help!
wac
Halfop

uh

Post by wac »

ugh got the script and dict tryed to install dict to a dir within my shell to no avail, trying to look through the pages to find an answer... ffs...
I see j00!
user

Post by user »

Joori wrote:Ok, well I've given up on trying to figure out the error with TCL8.5..
In Tcl 8.5 dict is a native command, so the check for the dict package will of course fail. I suggest changing the dict check from

if {[catch {package require dict} error]} {
   die "tvrage.tcl error: dict required."
}
to

if {![llength [info commands dict]]&&[catch {package require dict} error]} {
   die "tvrage.tcl error: dict required."
}
which should make it compatible with 8.5 or any other implementation of dict. (not all of them come in the form of a package)
Have you ever read "The Manual"?
J
Joori
Voice

Post by Joori »

awesome stuff, i'll give that a go and see how it pans out. Although, it drives me nuts seeing people use "die" in their scripts when most of them would not render the eggdrop useless and thus it's not needed... so i might just remove that seeing as i wouldn't want to compromise my eggdrop's uptime as im sure many others would have the same view. I've had many instances where my eggdrop has been forced to shutdown because of that damn die command when it wasn't needed.

Die == not cool!
G
GaveUp
Op

Post by GaveUp »

Die == not cool!
I don't disagree with you. The die code is left over from the original code, which was hobbled together as I was relearning the language after a several year break. This is one of the things I've been meaning to change and just haven't gotten around to. Since the last release of this, long ago, I haven't touched egg scripting at all and due to some other things taking up time I haven't gotten back to doing it, though, as I obviously still watch the forums I plan to at some point.
In Tcl 8.5 dict is a native command
Thanks for the information.
wac
Halfop

Post by wac »

this may seem like a stupid question but is the version previous to the one that required dict still compatible with tv rage, if so could I get a copy of it as I'm on a shell and haven't the slightest as to how to incorporate dict into just a dir within my shell environment, thanks!
I see j00!
G
GaveUp
Op

Post by GaveUp »

While there might be bugs with it, the tvrage interface hasn't changed significantly since this script was started so it should still work. You'll have to find the post referencing it and try the download link, though. I no longer have a copy of the old versions.
wac
Halfop

Post by wac »

Ok thanks for your help. :D
I see j00!
a
arbiter
Voice

Post by arbiter »

well, even in 8.5 on mine at least it still complained and wanted tcldict.
[12:54:31am] <OverMind> Tcl version: 8.5.2

i end up having to do a rig job that works great, found a libdict compile in distro of nix i use and loaded it manually using a seperate tcl file

load /usr/lib64/dict8.5.2/libdict8.5.2.so
putlog "Module loaded: libdict8.5.2"

problem solved works prefect =)
d
darkwolf
Voice

Post by darkwolf »

!tvinfo doesn't seem to work anymore.

TVRage: getShowInfo: ERROR: connect failed

:(