This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

bot not saving flags

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
k
kain
Halfop

Post by kain »

ppslim,
i tried with 4 bots, 1 hub bot and 3 leaf bots, i did as you said and added flags back one by one waiting a little to see if anything went wrong, i didnt see anything go wrong, and as usual they lost flags, channel and global, so i set the "private-global" to "mn" (removed "o") which sorted the global +o being lost, but i noticed that one of the leaf bots had a global +o, yet when it joined a channel it wasnt being oped. i killed them all and started with an older version 1.6.10 (even though i had this problem on and off back then) and the same thing happened again.
the only thing ive had loaded diferent from when i was on 1.6.8 to now is slenox's netbots scripts, and somehow i dont think its due to those(maybe, but i doubt it)
the only thing i know is, when the leaf bots connect to the hub and download the user file they lose certian peoples channel flags.
also, going back to the problem i had with bans not being shared, if i have 2 bots on one channel, and i ban someone, after a certian ammount of time the bot that didnt place the ban removes it and then the bot that did puts it back, and on the party line of the bot that removed it, all you see is "Channel ban *!*@lame.org on #channel rejected - channel not shared." yet the channels are all set to "+shared" in the .conf files
anyway, i hope i get this sorted, its getting too much hard work on my fingers readding all them flags back.
M
Mustang97

User Flags & Ports

Post by Mustang97 »

I've been having somewhat the same problem. Add bots to a botnet and they add fine then link fine. I .save all the settings... but after they link.. the ports get changed to 3333 for some reason. I am bout to install a later version of eggy and if it works then I am going to report the bug to eggdrop.
k
kain
Halfop

Post by kain »

ive narrowed the problem down slightly.
ive found that user flags are only lost when the leaf bots connect to the hub bot and download the userfile, eg, if i dont have a bot linked to the hub and i .die it, when it comes back the flags are still there, yet if it is linked and i .die it (or after some time) the flags are gone.
even if i unlink a bot that has saved user flags then relink it they're gone.

ive also gone through all the bot flags and checked they have the right ones, hub on leaf is set "botattr hub +ghp" and, leaf on hub is set "botattr +gsl", so after all that i still dont know.
btw, this is still intermittent, i just unlinked and relinked a few of the bots
and the user flags were ok

any further ideas ?
Last edited by kain on Fri Sep 13, 2002 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
d
darko``
Op

Post by darko`` »

This is one messy discussion (in terms of lack of information) that i wasn't able to quite understand most of the times, but i am having a feeling that there are several possible glitches with your setup:

1) You've setup botnet in a way that usefile changes must be entered via hub so any changes will not be accepted if they were made on leaf.

2) You have setup your leafbots to discard their own userfile records in favour of those sent by the hub. Since whatever you changed on leaf wasn't accepted on hub because of 1) then obviously next time your leaf downloads the user file from the hub, you will not find your changes.

3) Channel flags are +shared in .conf file but infact are -shared in .chan file thus overriding the original +shared.
Ignorant and lazy people will save 30 minutes by chosing simple config file. Smart ones will save 3000 minutes of *everyone's* time by opting for complete config file.
k
kain
Halfop

Post by kain »

1, no
2, no
3, no
and if you read through all the posts made by me and anyone else who was trying to help, you'll see that the information is all there.
d
darko``
Op

Post by darko`` »

Oh, yes, i just remembered, users are discouraged to use resync buffer. In the past it showed to be often buggy. It might be just your case. Do you use it?
Ignorant and lazy people will save 30 minutes by chosing simple config file. Smart ones will save 3000 minutes of *everyone's* time by opting for complete config file.
k
kain
Halfop

Post by kain »

nope, already thought of that.
set allow-resync 0
as ive said in other posts, it seems to be intermittent, we can go for a week or two without having any problems, then we get someone moaning about not being able to get ops. and thats even if no bots have been killed/unlinked or any changes at all.
the only time we dont have this problem is when we use an older version of eggdrop, which is what we're going back to.
thanks to everyone that tried to help :)