This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

UNOFFICIAL incith-google 2.1x (Nov30,2o12)

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
speechles
Revered One

Post by speechles »

Dan0 wrote:whatever script I try, it just dosen't work....is there a possibility of my shell being the problem?

EVERY google script (offical & unoffical and I even tried previous versions) dosen't work but the other commands within that script ALL work....I just don't get it.

I have Tcl 8.4 installed, not sure how/if I have to run that or add something to a script somewhere....

*sigh* I've been at this two weeks already :)
see here. Your problem is the IP base of your shell is known for spiking google traffic by automated means (script/bot). Your in effect, sorried.
D
Dan0
Voice

Post by Dan0 »

speechles wrote:
Dan0 wrote:whatever script I try, it just dosen't work....is there a possibility of my shell being the problem?

EVERY google script (offical & unoffical and I even tried previous versions) dosen't work but the other commands within that script ALL work....I just don't get it.

I have Tcl 8.4 installed, not sure how/if I have to run that or add something to a script somewhere....

*sigh* I've been at this two weeks already :)
see here. Your problem is the IP base of your shell is known for spiking google traffic by automated means (script/bot). Your in effect, sorried.

Bah, that's a bummer.....
K
Kiru
Voice

Post by Kiru »

im getting this with the w version

!r Nikopol
[23:01:18] [ @Bot ] Nikopol: Secrets of the Immortals for PC (us? them7.7 you8.1) « Got Game Entertainment White Birds Prod. Adventure Release: Sep 20, 2008 ESRB: Teen More Info document.getElementById('more_info_toggle_wrapper').style.visibility = 'hidden'; Game Stats Rank: 318 of 52,334 (down by 121) PC Rank: 97 of 10,454 Highest Rank: 80 in 2008 » « » @

any ideas?
J
Jonathan1683
Voice

Post by Jonathan1683 »

this [censored] doesnt work, whats the point.
M
Mabus4444
Halfop

Calculations and Conversions seem to not work anymore.

Post by Mabus4444 »

The calculations and conversions seem to not work anymore.

Example !Google 2+2 or !Google 30 Feet to inches

.set errorInfo returns the following;

Currently: can't read "state(after)": no such element in array
Currently: while executing
Currently: "after cancel $state(after)"
Domin
Halfop

Post by Domin »

Works just fine here, check that you got everything set up right :wink:
Regards
Domin @ efnet
M
Mabus4444
Halfop

Post by Mabus4444 »

Everything is set up perfectly on my end. The script works perfectly, everything except the !google (word) features. Things like !google define: (word) or !weather. !spell (word) gives a reply "wtf is (word)"

Anyone have any thoughts?
J
Joori
Voice

Post by Joori »

For me, YouTube has stopped displaying results. That is, i get the debug URL msg'd to me with the results but the bot itself isn't displaying those results in channel anymore.

set .errorInfo on shows;

Code: Select all

[04:35:23]  @Joori: !yt go carts
 [04:35:24]  idler: [04:35] Tcl error [incith::google::public_message]: can't read "reply": no such variable 
Debug shows;

[04:35:24]  Idler: url (303): http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=go%20carts charset: utf-8 encode_string: iso8859-1 :: cookie: use_hitbox=72c46ff6cbcdb7c5585c36411b6b334edAEAAAAw; path=/; domain=.youtube.com; PREF=f1=1000000&gl=AU&hl=en; path=/; domain=.youtube.com; expires=Mon, 01-Oct-2018 18:35:27 GMT; GEO=b82d6627b971cb90346758e919eb16f0cwwAAAAyQVXc9bSKAO9l5kg=; path=/; domain=.youtube.com; expires=Sun, 05-Oct-2008 18:35:27 GMT
Don't know what to make of this but it's weird none-the-less. On another note, i've noticed i have had to click "Ok" to it finding my country location when normally browsing YouTube through my web browser. Perhaps this has something to do with it? :?
No Haters, No Spies, Just the love 'tween my thighs!
d
doubleu
Voice

Post by doubleu »

If all of the commands listed here work for me except !g, could this be my problem or not?

EDIT: :oops: ARGH nevermind, I thought I had the latest script installed, but, upon further inspection, had v1.9.8v installed instead of v1.9.8w

#   !google [.google.country.code] [define:|spell:|movie:]      #
#      <search terms> <1+1> <1 cm in ft> <patent ##>            #
#      <weather city|zip> <??? airport>                         #
#   !images [.google.country.code] <search terms>               #
#   !groups [.google.country.code] <search terms>               #
#   !news [.google.country.code] <search terms>                 #
#   !local [.google.country.code] <what> near <where>           #
#   !book [.google.country.code] <search terms>                 #
#   !video [.google.country.code] <search terms>                #
#   !fight <word(s) one> vs <word(s) two>                       #
#   !youtube [.google.country.code] <search terms>              #
#   !trans region@region <text>                                 #
#   !gamespot <search terms>                                    #
#   !gamefaqs <system> in <region>                              #
#   !blog [.google.country.code] <search terms>                 #
#   !ebay [.ebay.country.code] <search terms>                   #
#   !ebayfight <word(s) one> vs <word(s) two>                   #
#   !wikipedia [.2-digit-country-code] <search terms>[#subtag]  #
#   !wikimedia [.www.wikisite.org[/wiki]] <search terms>[#subtag]
#   !locate <ip or hostmask>                                    #
#   !review <gamename> [@ <system>]                             #
#   !torrent <search terms>                                     #
#   !top <system>                                               #
#   !popular <system>                                           #
#   !dailymotion <search terms>                                 #
#   !ign <search terms>                                         #
#   !myspace <search terms>                                     #
#   !trends [.google.country.code] <YYYY-MM-DD>                 #
M
Mabus4444
Halfop

Post by Mabus4444 »

I double checked, I have w as well, so that's not the problem
speechles
Revered One

Post by speechles »

@Kiru, thats been solved, thanks for the heads up ;)

@Dan0, the script now has detection for 'sorries' so now it should report directly to channel when this occurs rather than giving no reply at all.

@Joori, I would need to see the html given to your bot when this happens to customize something to work with it. It is more than likely exactly as your suspecting.

@Jonathan1683, the point isn't clearly made obvious? it works fine.. atm.. with the methods it uses to parse it cannot be made to "last forever". All you can try is scripting it in ways that keep it working as long as possible, which I have done....

@doubleu, yes, and it's unfortunate, the script now has detection for this and should report it directly to channel to verify this is the cause.

@Mabus4444, I would need to see the html given to your bot when this happens to customize something to work with it.

Currently: can't read "state(after)": no such element in array
Currently: while executing
Currently: "after cancel $state(after)"
This error isn't caused by the script (it's not really an error at all), but rather it is the result of using the http package.

@Everyone, Below is something hopefully to correct most problems reported so far.
--> v1.98x Oct 4th

Enjoy and have a fun. Ebay is now fully supportive of both templates and should always return accurate results, this also fixes !ebayfight ;D. Also addressed that gamespot review cruft bug, and google 'sorries' should now be reported directly to channel. If you spot any other problems shout em out here.
J
Joori
Voice

Post by Joori »

speechles wrote:@Joori, I would need to see the html given to your bot when this happens to customize something to work with it. It is more than likely exactly as your suspecting.
Well, I did a little bit of tinkering and found that I can now add the "au" country extention to the youtube section of the script and it now works like a dream with the current 'x' version. I tried this earlier with the 'w' version and it would return me no results so I left it as 'com'

The new 'x' version did the same with 'com' left as the extention but seems to work now with the proper 'au' country code so no need for a fix. Im just a little worried that global vids will be filtered out of the various queries now that the script is using specifically au.youtube.com for it's searches.

Regardless, awesome stuff once again and Im glad it was merely a minor edit on my part which solved my issue :wink:
No Haters, No Spies, Just the love 'tween my thighs!
M
Mabus4444
Halfop

Post by Mabus4444 »

This is progress. I tried the x version and i still don't get any luck with the calculator and conversion stuff. BUUUTTTTT now the bot returns an error message on the channel itself, seemingly from google itself.

The message reads as follows:

We're sorry... ... but your query looks similarto automated
requests from a computer virus or spywareapplication. To protect our
users, we can't process your requestright now.

So it looks like google is blocking some ip's from using the conversion/calculation function, but not other functions, which is weird in itself. I tried to load the w version in, and it's also now giving me that message so it doesn't appear to be anything new in x.

Possibly related. !GoogleFight is on the fritz a bit. When you type something like !Googlefight pizza vs apples the reply from google is rather... nasty.. You get back something like; Pizza beats Apples by (vulgar reference) to YourSister.

I checked for the words on the script itself and found them in the script itself right after this;

if {[expr $match2expr == $match1expr]} {
set winner 1
set troll1 {

I've removed the swearing from my script and replaced the 5 words from the first set, and the three from the second to "outofservice" for now until a more permenant solution arrives.

Any thoughts?
speechles
Revered One

Post by speechles »

Mabus4444 wrote:possibly related. !GoogleFight is on the fritz a bit. When you type something like !Googlefight pizza vs apples the reply from google is rather... nasty.. You get back something like; Pizza beats Apples by (vulgar reference) to YourSister.
Actually, that was from an earlier day when people would enter the same item and see ties, to prevent this it would insult the troll.
Mabus4444 wrote:I checked for the words on the script itself and found them in the script itself right after this;

if {[expr $match2expr == $match1expr]} {
set winner 1
set troll1 {

I've removed the swearing from my script and replaced the 5 words from the first set, and the three from the second to "outofservice" for now until a more permenant solution arrives.

Any thoughts?
Hehe.. of course, those were meant to confuse the people trolling the script with items giving the same exact number of results. I've now corrected this and enhanced fights abilities significantly as a result.
<speechles> !f egghelp vs egghurt
<sp33chy> By results on Google.com: egghelp beats egghurt by 37,200 to 6!
<speechles> !f .cn panda vs .com.au kangaroo
<sp33chy> By results on Google.cn and Google.com.au: panda beats kangaroo by 130,000,000 to 21,500,000!
<speechles> !f same vs same
<sp33chy> Google.com could not determine the winner. same ties same with 810,000,000 results.
The default country for this behavior mirrors what you have set for google searches. The script has matured enough that ripping out that silly part now makes sense ^_~

There is no version number increment, not until a real update occurs. This is for those simply wishing an "non abusive" !fight when ties occur or simply wants the enhanced abilities now included with !fight.
--->v1.9.8x fight enhancement
M
Mabus4444
Halfop

Post by Mabus4444 »

Thanks, I would suggest though removing the swearing from the script, maybe just put something like "outoforder" or something less offensive?

Some of the outputs really come out very offensive. Results like urinating or defecating at your "yoursister" or "yourmama" ... it's really rather inappropriate I think for a script as professional as this.