This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

TVRage.com Schedule Script (Latest: 2.0)

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
Pixelz
Voice

Post by Pixelz »

GaveUp wrote:Thanks for the patch. Looking through it, unless I'm missing something most of the changes fix some inconsistencies in the syntax, unless I'm missing something?
expr/if without braces can be very dangerous. I haven't looked that deeply at the code though so it's possible it's fine. Consider the following:

Code: Select all

% set x {[die]}
[die]
% if $x ...
invalid command name "die"
% expr $x
invalid command name "die"
g
Halfop

Post by guest »

I think its a shame that u have changed this script taking out what rosc had done with it. You said you had not changed anything when you released 1.0
but you did as you took out all rosc edits that made the script even better giving users the options to pm the bots to get info or in channel now I have tried to update to your new version which plain just does not work on my bot
it works 25% as I can do the tvinfo primetime commands but the announce
just plainly does not work. If I run the updatecache this all it will do

[09:10] Tcl error [::tvrage::updateCache]: invalid command name "debug"
[09:11] Tcl error [::tvrage::announceShows]: can't read "schedule(US:schedule)": no such element in array

I don't even have debug listed in the config right now its set to INFO only
oh well its a shame scripts get changed and made not useable at times.

I did not even change anything in the script thats default settings oh well another good script gone to crap
wac
Halfop

Post by wac »

guest wrote:I think its a shame that u have changed this script taking out what rosc had done with it. You said you had not changed anything when you released 1.0
but you did as you took out all rosc edits that made the script even better giving users the options to pm the bots to get info or in channel now I have tried to update to your new version which plain just does not work on my bot

[09:11] Tcl error [::tvrage::announceShows]: can't read "schedule(US:schedule)": no such element in array

I did not even change anything in the script thats default settings oh well another good script gone to crap
Script works fine, and wasn't it rosc that forked it, not the other way around, stop bitchin and contribute something useful.
I see j00!
G
GaveUp
Op

Post by GaveUp »

guest wrote:I think its a shame that u have changed this script taking out what rosc had done with it. You said you had not changed anything when you released 1.0

You're right. It was rosc that forked in and as far as I know her fork still works just fine. I have no problem with anyone forking this script and adding features as they see fit. The assumption that I will take any and all forks and merge it back in to my code base is delusional. First and foremost this is a script I use. For what I use it for it works and has worked well for years.

I'll make it quite clear, this script is no democracy. It's my code. I decide what goes in to it and I decide what updates I make to it. If you don't like that, like I said before fork your own. Better yet, here's an even crazier concept: write your own!

If you look back, I've always had an extremely low tolerance for idiots and all bitching will do is make it less likely that I'll make any updates I make to this script public.

Now with those specific complaints, or rather trolling. The script has for a long time supported accepting commands from private message as well as announcing privately. The fact that you were not able to even look and understand this much of the script and yet still modified it to try to make it "work" (hint: it worked before) means I am not even going to attempt to guess how you broke the script in such a way to get the errors above.

Now with all of that said, if you has a legitimate and useful bug report then please report it along with the steps I need to take to report it, but understand I do NOT support any forks that have been made of this script. Again, there is nothing wrong with rosc's fork but I will not support it.

So if anyone has any of the following please post them and they'll get looked at:

*Useful bug reports. See above, for what qualifies as useful.
*Original themes. I would be more than happy to include most themes in the default package than just the default theme currently there.
*Patches. Patches are always welcome, preferably in patch format as Pixelz provided recently. Note, just because I receive a patch does not mean I will immediately incorporate it in to the code base or incorporate it at all. Only that I will investigate it and decide whether or not to merge it in. (BTW: Thanks again Pixelz for the patch.)

Things to not post:
*Whining, ranting, btiching and any other useless drivel. If you don't like the script than offer something constructive or GO AWAY.
*Problems regarding dict. I've said before and I'll say it again that I will not deal with a person's inability to administer their bot installation. In addition there is a separate thread for dict.
s
sephrond
Voice

Post by sephrond »

I would like to offer thanks to GaveUp for the work done on this script. I use it without problems.

I modified the default.theme which incorporated the following changes. The schedule announces were changed to

NOTICE {%%nick%%} 
instead of

PRIVMSG {%%chan%%} 
This keeps channel spam to a minimum. I added variables for BOLD, COLOR, etc which made format and color changes easier for me. I also changed the color and format of the !showinfo announce somewhat.

These are changes anyone can make, but If anyone is interested in it let me know.

--Seph--
N
NorthSide
Voice

TVRage TCL 2.0b5

Post by NorthSide »

TVRage TCL 2.0b5 seem to not be working anymore i keep getting errors! tvrage.tcl warning: Unable to load tvrage.conf. Using default values.
tvrage.tcl info: Loaded themes/default.theme successfully.
UDEF: tv defined
UDEF: tvlog defined
UDEF: tvannounce defined
TVRage: TVRage: ERROR: connect failed connection refused
Tcl error [::tvrage::announceShows]: can't read "schedule(US:schedule)": no such element in array
-
G
GaveUp
Op

Post by GaveUp »

The URLs for retrieving show information changed. Update the settings to http://www.tvrage.com/quickinfo.php and http://www.tvrage.com/quickschedule.php.
N
NorthSide
Voice

TvRage.Tcl

Post by NorthSide »

It looks like they had change there link again cuz my !primetime !today !tomorrow wasnt working!!! easy fix just go to tvrage.conf.defaults and change the link back to ->

set tvrage(showinfourl) "http://services.tvrage.com/tools/quickschedule.php"

Im sure most of you already knew that!
wac
Halfop

Re: TvRage.Tcl

Post by wac »

NorthSide wrote:It looks like they had change there link again cuz my !primetime !today !tomorrow wasnt working!!! easy fix just go to tvrage.conf.defaults and change the link back to ->

I never changed mine and it never stopped working, not sure what your problem is.
I see j00!
a
ace530
Voice

TCL ERROR

Post by ace530 »

Hello can someone tell me the problem I have down below. :roll:
Bot starts fine then when i do a rehash through the bot this is what ends up.

can't read "tvrage(enableTVLog)": no such variable
[18:05] <INFO> while executing
[18:05] <INFO> "if { $tvrage(enableTVLog) } {
[18:05] <INFO> if { [file exists "$tvrage(tvlog)"] } {
[18:05] <INFO> set tvrage(tvlogSize) [file size $tvrage(tvlog)]
[18:05] <INFO> set tvrage(tvlogTimer) ..."
[18:05] <INFO> (procedure "init" line 10)
[18:05] <INFO> invoked from within
[18:05] <INFO> "init"
[18:05] <INFO> (in namespace eval "::tvrage" script line 985)
[18:05] <INFO> invoked from within
[18:05] <INFO> "namespace eval tvrage {
[18:05] <INFO> if [info exists tvrage] {
[18:05] <INFO> unset tvrage
[18:05] <INFO> }
[18:05] <INFO> set tvrage(version) "v2.0b5"
[18:05] <INFO> set tvrage(versionLine) "TV
[18:05] <INFO> [01:05] * CONFIG FILE NOT LOADED (NOT FOUND, OR ERROR)
s
sadnem
Voice

Re: TvRage.Tcl

Post by sadnem »

wac wrote:
NorthSide wrote:It looks like they had change there link again cuz my !primetime !today !tomorrow wasnt working!!! easy fix just go to tvrage.conf.defaults and change the link back to ->

I never changed mine and it never stopped working, not sure what your problem is.
I also have a problem with !today, !tomorrow, !yesterday, !primetime, I get a
"No schedule is cached for" error with all the commands listed.
N
NorthSide
Voice

tvrage script v2.0b5

Post by NorthSide »

Loading TVRage.com Primetime Schedule Script v2.0b5
tvrage.tcl warning: Unable to load tvrage.conf. Using default values.
Loaded themes/default.theme successfully.
UDEF: tv defined
UDEF: tvlog defined
UDEF: tvannounce defined
Successfully loaded TVRage.com Primetime Schedule Script v2.0b5

when rehashing the bot and it loads the tvrage.tcl then locks up for a min or makes the bot ping out or even sometimes it isnt showing displays right. heres a sample

!showinfo dexter
Title :: {%%show_name%%} <> URL :: {%%show_url%%} <> Premiered :: {%%premiered%%} <> Latest Episode :: N/A <> Next Episode :: N/A <> Country :: {%%country%%} <> Status :: {%%status%%}

but then again sometimes it works anyone here also having this problem or know of some kind of fix? thanks for your time guys.
G
GaveUp
Op

Post by GaveUp »

It looks like the URLs were changed back to the services.tvrage.com ones so your configs will need to be updated. That should resolve the problems you guys are seeing. The http timeout may need to be increased a bit too.
s
sadnem
Voice

Post by sadnem »

GaveUp wrote:It looks like the URLs were changed back to the services.tvrage.com ones so your configs will need to be updated. That should resolve the problems you guys are seeing. The http timeout may need to be increased a bit too.
If I do !today (or !yestarday, etc...) I still get:
<Mybot> No schedule is cached for Thursday, 13 May 2010

What could this be?
G
GaveUp
Op

Post by GaveUp »

Do a rehash or an !updateCache.