This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

AllProtection.tcl (Stable: v4.8 / Beta: v4.9b4)

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
d
demon
Voice

Post by demon »

For Undernet CService:

-X- SYNTAX: BAN <#channel> <nick | *!*user@*.host> [duration] [level] [reason]

Thank you :)
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

demond wrote:
Sir_Fz wrote:Oh ok, I'll see what can be done :). I guess that's most probably for Undernet users, so it would help if you tell me what command is used to ban through X.
you should rename this thing to SwissKnife.tcl :)
It is starting to become just a tad complicated by the looks of it. :lol:
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

demon wrote:For Undernet CService:

-X- SYNTAX: BAN <#channel> <nick | *!*user@*.host> [duration] [level] [reason]

Thank you :)
Duration is in minutes/seconds/hours? and what's level?
demond wrote:you should rename this thing to SwissKnife.tcl :)
I'll see if this is worth doing (comments are welcome) :lol:
d
demon
Voice

Post by demon »

level under 75 just dont allow user to take @ above 75 kickbans it..

duration is in hours only with 2400 max!
d
demon
Voice

Post by demon »

Another good feature (i think):

to have every kick an ID number (not the kick counter) with which the owner of the bot could know why someone kicked.. that is usefull if a user come and say the bot kick me because i said that but i didnt etc etc.. the owner will ask that ID kick number and will seach (supposing that this ID number could stored in a file with the kickreason) in a database (or dont know where you know better) for that kick.. (it could be a file with the format #1237214 kick for text flood by name)!

That feature is like big networks stores akills/glines akill with id number #38974 and search for that akill in a database and know why is killed and other info for the abuser etc.. could also store the hostname of the abuse and other things..

Another Feature is the idle action: kick or ban or deop or devoice if a user is idling in the chan.. dont know if you have that feature if not would be nice to be added..

And another one: with the ID number which had above.. the user could request with a command to be unbanned for example: in some type of kick like the idle kick i said above if the user was alive but not typing (which means is idle of course) the bot when kick the user send a notice/msg and say if that ban was wrong type /msg bot unban #chan the-id-number .. and the bot unban or send a notice to opers or whatever..

Thank you guys!
d
demon
Voice

Post by demon »

Oups also as i searched a bit more the script i didnt mention repeat flood! have any? i dont mean the hellooooooooo thing but first the hello, hello, hello, hello, hello, hello, etc (have the same word many times in each line) and secondly the hello! after 2 secs again hello in the chan etc (say a msg in a chan many times the same thing!).

Also guest user kick (maybe it could be in the badnick section but it also could be in a different to have a different kick/warn msg). Some networks when the users dont identify a register nick change their nick to Guest-????? or XXX-????? or whatever.. it would be usefull to have an option kick/warn them to change or identifie otherwise will be kicked! As i said there is sth like that is the badnick the script has.. but here probably a different kickmsg would be used..

Also a proxy scan would be nice thing.. and also a dnsbl host checker if possible (i know many networks run that kind of bots but there are many that dont!)

Also a section for irc opers: if an oper join the chan the bot would do: op him or voice him or kick him etc..

Also the ban version reply would also have options for other ctcps like TIME or FINGER (give the owner the ability to choose what ctcp action do on a user)

Your script is fantastic! and i hope with some more features and suggestions to be the best protection script ever!

Thanks
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

About the kick-ID thingie, there already is an option to log the bot's kicks/bans... (see aplogs in the script). So that is as close as you will get to your request, it's an AllProtection script that's supposed to kick for reasonable reasons if configured correctly by it's user.

Idle kicks and similar stuff are irrelevant to my script IMO, these are too custom.

I believe a user can say whatever he wishes in 1 line, so he can repeat as much as he wants in 1 line as long as he's not violating some rules like the message length or bad wrods...etc So repeat protection will only work for repeated lines and letters.

I won't implement a custom feature just for guest nicks.

Most networks already scan for proxy users and kill them.

Oping ircops or whatever is irrelevant to the script.

About the bad CTCP reply thingie, that's a good idea and I'll look into it :)
d
demon
Voice

Post by demon »

about the ID-kick and logs you said.. is there way to use that in the kick msg? it has a form like %logid or sth else? if yes plz explain how could anyone use it.. thanks

All my suggestions are for making it more ultimate to users.. its in your judgement if you would add them or not.. you code dont me.. i just suggest things that maybe and some others want..

Thanks for the support man!
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

Well, the logs have no IDs but if a user complains about a kick, you can search for the kick in the logs (search for his nick and time for example).

Of course I appreciate all your suggestions ;) at least you actually say them and not like most of other users who just wait for me to use my psychic abilities and know what they want :P :lol:
a
ap
Halfop

Post by ap »

Hi Sir_Fz,

Great work and great script. Since you're accepting suggestions so i thought let me add one. Your script is a complete pakage, so i think it will be great if we can have password change/reminder feature so the botnet will be more secure. may be rebind the password command and when we set the password for the user first time, after one month or so user should get some alert in the partyline that you've 7 days left to change your password, then next day 6 days left and so on, if they changed the password within set timeframe that's good else after 7 days bot should change it some random password so user will then contact with the owner..

thanks
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

Interesting type of protection, will look into it :)
a
ap
Halfop

Post by ap »

thanks Sir_Fz,

so another words, we can configure that every 30 days, user should change their password, if they forget then after 30 days the count starts from 7 days, 6, 5 days..etc and if they try to change the password within the count then also some validation need to be done that they shouldn't use 'easy passwords', they must use alphanumeric and password length should be 8 or more etc..i think in this way botnet will be more secure and it will be very hard to guess the passwords..because alot of users use very easy passwords like their usernames, nicks, 123, nick follow by 1234 etc

thanks again
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

Just a bit of a progress report.

The new bad channel function appears to be working well. I have a bot that sits in 2 - 3 channels testing and from all accounts it's doing a great job. :D
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
d
demon
Voice

Post by demon »

A nice feature i saw in the universal protection script by demond it that for spam detections it created a pseudoclone of its own and connect it in chans for scan.. that nice feature and dont need to have 2 bots.. would be nice to add it in this script too

Thanks
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

Will study it :D