This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

AllProtection.tcl (Stable: v4.8 / Beta: v4.9b4)

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
o
outthere
Voice

Post by outthere »

Sweet Thanks :)

I am getting ready to upgrade to the new one and was wondering what is the best and/or easiest way
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

Unload the old one and load the new one :P
o
outthere
Voice

Post by outthere »

Ok I have configured new version but I have a question. Is this how to disable part msg flood ?

ap:partmsgs: {0 2 kb 2}
ap:partmsgc: {r:0 b:0 u:0 c:0 30 kb 2}

Also what is the dif between normal protection and botnet protection as far as like part msg flood and other similar ones.

I guess thats 2 questions :lol:
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

Ok I have configured new version but I have a question. Is this how to disable part msg flood ?

ap:partmsgs: {0 2 kb 2}
ap:partmsgc: {r:0 b:0 u:0 c:0 30 kb 2}
Yes, that's correct. Same as any other protection.
Also what is the dif between normal protection and botnet protection as far as like part msg flood and other similar ones.
"Normal" protection is protection against offenses caused by a single user. Botnet protection is protection against offenses (floods) caused by multiple users (it checks on overall activity) - that is, botnet floods are usually huge floods.
awyeah
Revered One

Post by awyeah »

Sir_Fz wrote:Found a free file hosting site, you can get the file from here. Thanks for your support :D
I've uploaded the file on a permanent hosting, the file should be there permanently now. This is the link:
You can go ahead and change the link of the file in the first post of this topic to this new filelink, so users can download the file easily now, without any complains.

Thanks,
JD
·­awyeah·

==================================
Facebook: jawad@idsia.ch (Jay Dee)
PS: Guys, I don't accept script helps or requests personally anymore.
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

Thank you :) but the link give "404 not found."

Edit: You have the file named allprotection4.6b7.html instead of .zip, I'll keep the link as it is so it should work when you fix that :)

Edit2: Ok, I've added "right click - save target as (.zip)" near the link.
awyeah
Revered One

Post by awyeah »

Sir_Fz wrote:Thank you :) but the link give "404 not found."

Edit: You have the file named allprotection4.6b7.html instead of .zip, I'll keep the link as it is so it should work when you fix that :)

Edit2: Ok, I've added "right click - save target as (.zip)" near the link.
Sir_Fz, fixed the link. The problem was couldn't upload zip files the DALnet hosting have banned zip files to be uploaded, because zipped files can by any files and can contain potential virusses etc.

So now I have unzipped both of your 4.5 and 4.67b files and uploaded them in normal '.tcl' format. You can go to the link below copy both the links in the announcement post and edit them for this topic's first post.

http://forum.egghelp.org/viewtopic.php?p=71274

Nevertheless, if you want to host more free tcl files or if you release newer bugfixed versions and want to host them let me know. I'll be soon adding some html pages to go along with the script files, so that is more easier for people to download the tcl scripts.

JD
·­awyeah·

Facebook: jawad@idsia.ch (Jay Dee)
PS: Guys, I don't accept script helps or requests personally anymore.
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

Ok thanks, links updated :)
Domin
Halfop

Post by Domin »

I need a little help here i set the scantime on bad channels like this:

.chanset #xxx ap:bchans + 300 w:kb 2 3

and got this reply:

Successfully set modes { ap:bchans { + 300 w:kb 2 3 } } on #xxx.

But does that mean the the bot will scan as many uses in the channel for 3 min and then leave the rest or will it scan the channel every 3 minute ?
Regards
Domin @ efnet
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

Domin wrote:I need a little help here i set the scantime on bad channels like this:

.chanset #xxx ap:bchans + 300 w:kb 2 3

and got this reply:

Successfully set modes { ap:bchans { + 300 w:kb 2 3 } } on #xxx.

But does that mean the the bot will scan as many uses in the channel for 3 min and then leave the rest or will it scan the channel every 3 minute ?
It is supposed to scan the channel every 3 minutes. Btw, nobody ever got me feedback about this feature (scan on intervals) so it will be great if you tell me whether it's working or not :)
d
dhp1080
Voice

Post by dhp1080 »

I'm getting an interesting error message for no apparent reason.

Code: Select all

Tcl error [::AllProtection::joins bnicks]: illegal channel: *
Hopefully someone can point out a solution to this.

Yes i'm using the latest release.
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

I've fixed that in the latest release, make sure that you have it.
Domin
Halfop

Post by Domin »

Sir_Fz wrote:It is supposed to scan the channel every 3 minutes. Btw, nobody ever got me feedback about this feature (scan on intervals) so it will be great if you tell me whether it's working or not :)
I can confirm that it do not work that way, it only scans when people joins the channel.
Regards
Domin @ efnet
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

Domin wrote:
Sir_Fz wrote:It is supposed to scan the channel every 3 minutes. Btw, nobody ever got me feedback about this feature (scan on intervals) so it will be great if you tell me whether it's working or not :)
I can confirm that it do not work that way, it only scans when people joins the channel.
Few days ago a user complained that when he has the auto-scan on, his bot lags a lot and starts setting consecutive channel-limits in a row. The bot was lagging because the channel had 100-150+ users and the bot was whoising all nicks on intervals... The point is that the option seemed to be working. Would you please show me the output of '.tcl timers' (ofcourse while the auto-scan is enabled)?

Thank you.
Domin
Halfop

Post by Domin »

Hmm that command just gives me:

.tcl timers
What? You need '.help'

Am i supposed to do something else before ?

The channel have anything between 100-200 users.
Regards
Domin @ efnet