This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

AllProtection.tcl (Stable: v4.8 / Beta: v4.9b4)

Support & discussion of released scripts, and announcements of new releases.
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

I'll add it as an option :)
Z
Zircon
Op

Post by Zircon »

/Silence is good only against private flood, and can do nothing about public flood....

I suggest to add the option to lock the channel when a certain number of drones join the channel in a certain duration of time. Like it s already the case for clones join, or Botnet Flood.
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

Zircon wrote:/Silence is good only against private flood, and can do nothing about public flood....
Re-READ my post. :P
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
Z
Zircon
Op

Post by Zircon »

Reading it once is sufficiant, no need for /Silence if there is no private flood, which occurs rarely :P
But i did read another post from you, where you consider /Silence useless, even in case of private flood :P
I reiterate my previous statement that (in this case) /silence "is ineffectual and useless".
Last edited by Zircon on Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alchera
Revered One

Post by Alchera »

Zircon wrote:Reading it once is insufficiant, no need for /Silence if there is no private flood, which occurs rarely :P
But i did read another post from you, where you consider /Silence useless, even in case of private flood :P
I reiterate my previous statement that (in this case) /silence "is ineffectual and useless".
Try reading the "(in this case)" bit. :roll:

As for the other, it's more appropriate (rather than ignore) on DALnet.
Add [SOLVED] to the thread title if your issue has been.
Search | FAQ | RTM
Z
Zircon
Op

Post by Zircon »

(in this case), refer to the use of /Silence vs /ignore, try to read that thread. The person wrote
While /ignore does interfere with what is happening in a channel, /silence doesn't on Undernet.
And you answered :
Same on DALnet. The use of /silence is ineffectual and useless.
Glad to know that you consider now the utility of /Silence :P

Anyway, remember if you use /Silence *!*@* for a period of time, you wont be able to message, ctcp, or /dcc chat the bot. That s why /Silence *!*@* is preferable to use only when a private flood occur.
elisca
Halfop

Post by elisca »

long time not visit here.. sir_Fz how r u ?
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

elisca wrote:long time not visit here.. sir_Fz how r u ?
I'm good :) thanks for asking :D

I'm a little bit busy with college projects and work. As soon as I have time, I promise a new improved version of AllProtection.
v
voodoodror
Voice

Post by voodoodror »

Hello Sir_Fz and thanks for your wonderful plugin.

Maybe you know how to fix this problem:
Every couple of hours the eggdrop stop banning people and I have to rehash it again in order to return banning..

Any suggestions?
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

I can't find a reason to how AllProtection can cause such behavior. Please check your Eggdrop's log to see if there's anything strange happening in partyline.
w
whoelse
Voice

Post by whoelse »

voodoodror wrote:Hello Sir_Fz and thanks for your wonderful plugin.

Maybe you know how to fix this problem:
Every couple of hours the eggdrop stop banning people and I have to rehash it again in order to return banning..

Any suggestions?
the same happens to me, bot stop banning those users who use badwords ... I need to quit the bot and start it again to make it work, it's probably beacuse of old eggy version.. ;p
a talent can win a game, teamwork wins championchip!
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

If you think it's because of your Eggdrop's version then update to the newest version. AllProtection 4.6+ is intended for use with Eggdrop1.6.18 or above, as for AllProtection 4.5 it's intended for use with Eggdrop1.6.17 or above.
w
whoelse
Voice

Post by whoelse »

Sir_Fz wrote:If you think it's because of your Eggdrop's version then update to the newest version. AllProtection 4.6+ is intended for use with Eggdrop1.6.18 or above, as for AllProtection 4.5 it's intended for use with Eggdrop1.6.17 or above.
actually, I'm using AllProtection 4.5 with egg 1.6.17, still havin some troubles with badwords and badnicks, but since I've add new scripts for badwords and badnicks i've no problems :p between, Sir_Fz gonna tell me how to fix AllProtection to work on cr2.1 with akill command, I posted it once, its topic is on the page number 49 ;p
a talent can win a game, teamwork wins championchip!
Sir_Fz
Revered One

Post by Sir_Fz »

whoelse wrote:Sir_Fz gonna tell me how to fix AllProtection to work on cr2.1 with akill command, I posted it once, its topic is on the page number 49 ;p
I've replied to your post and the situation is still the same. Also, it would be more helpful if you state how the real IP of the user can be fetched.
Z
Zircon
Op

Post by Zircon »

@wholse : bad words, bad nicks, bad idents, bad ctrcs, adwords, are just workin fine for me. Read the comments in the script to know how you can add with success badwords and badnicks :p