This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

DCC Problems

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
S
Schiz0
Voice

DCC Problems

Post by Schiz0 »

I am unable to DCC chat to my eggdrop bot. I host the bot, run the IRCd, and am connecting to the ircd from the same box. I have the nat-ip set for my external IP address, but I have tried commenting that out. The bot isn't replying anything at all, not even the "I don't dcc chat strangers" message. I'm logging misc debug information, misc info, errors, etc, and server connects, disconnects, and notices. And there is nothing at all in the logs about any dcc chat. I would MUCH rather use DCC then telnet or anything else. I also run another bot from the same box that connects to a remote server, and I can DCC to that bot perfectly. The config files are exactly the same, other then the nick and server. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

set my-ip to your local IP, nat-ip is irrelevant and must be unset

if that doesn't help, show us the logs, also the output of .dccstat
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

the above recommendation concerns your bot sending DCC CHAT, that is, when you type /ctcp botnick CHAT; when you are the one sending that request, you should have your IRC client set up properly with your local IP (since you said you connect from the same box)

in any case, make sure the bot recognizes you under your current hostmask
S
Schiz0
Voice

Post by Schiz0 »

I got it working, thanks. In xchat, I had 'get my IP address from the server' checked, so I unchecked that and it worked fine.
Everytime I /ctcp bot chat - when it connects to me, everything is..messed up. It's like it's in a different charset, and the variables in the welcome message don't show up correctly...It also does this on my other bot too.
Thanks for the help.
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

those are telnet control codes; eggdrop handles real telnet sessions and DCC sessions initiated by itself with the same code, which is probably a design flaw, but nobody has bothered to fix that over the years, it seems people don't care too much about it (it's annoying but so what)
g
greenbear
Owner

Post by greenbear »

.fixcodes usually solve that
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

greenbear wrote:.fixcodes usually solve that
bingo! I always forget about it