This is the new home of the egghelp.org community forum.
All data has been migrated (including user logins/passwords) to a new phpBB version.

For more information, see this announcement post. Click the X in the top right-corner of this box to dismiss this message.

clock error with tcl 8.5a3

Old posts that have not been replied to for several years.
i
incubus
Voice

clock error with tcl 8.5a3

Post by incubus »

i need for my script the new clock command from tcl 8.5, so i dl tcl8.5.a3 and installed it (eggdrop reconfig and reinstalled too, successfully linked with new tcl).
my eggy always keep saying that clock is an invalid command. but in tclsh i can use it with no error. i also tried to load clock.tcl (shipped with tcl8.5a3) with my eggdrop but it keeps saying, clock is invalid.

does someone knows a solution for this or perhaps a function to compare 2 dates and tell which one is "older"?
g
greenbear
Owner

Post by greenbear »

Make sure the eggdrop isnt using the older version of tcl, a .status on partyline should say.

The easiest way of finding th older date is to convert them both into unixtime (clock scan) and see which one is smaller.
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

also, if you really need your bot to use the newly installed Tcl, you must recompile the bot, making sure it links against the new library (use configure switches or TCLINC/TCLLIB environment variables)
i
incubus
Voice

Post by incubus »

as i wrote, the eggdrop is linked with the new tcl. .status says:
Tcl library: /tcl8.5a3/library
Tcl version: 8.5a3 (header version 8.5a3)
The easiest way of finding th older date is to convert them both into unixtime (clock scan) and see which one is smaller.
this was my idea too but the clock command isnt working. also i cant use the .tcl in partyline. it says "what? you need `.help`"

edit:
i fixed my .tcl error... unbind tcl was still active
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

you are probably trying to use [clock] erroneously; post a log