i need help with mysqltcl !

Help for those learning Tcl or writing their own scripts.
a
amn3si3
Voice

i need help with mysqltcl !

Post by amn3si3 »

Hello everybody,

Im trying to use mysqldb with eggdrop. to realize that i need to install mysqltcl or something like that.
I tried a few times to install it but it doesnt work.

At a shellforum i found a thread where a guy just use the libmysqltcl3.01.so without installing the hole programm.

i cant find that file anywhere ... may one of u guys compiled mysqltcl3.01 and could give me a link to dl that libmysqltcl3.01.so file !

i hope anyone can help me ...

thousand thanks

mfg amnesie
caesar
Mint Rubber

Post by caesar »

Could you post the url of that thread or a copy/paste of the how he/she managed to accomplished that? 'libmysqltcl3.01.so' if I'm not wrong is a compiled file from the mysqltcl library.
Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.
demond
Revered One

Post by demond »

what that guy on shellforum probably meant is he installed just the client mySQL library (not the whole server), which you should also do in case you don't have it on your host (you might have mySQL server but no client lib)

mysqltcl is simply Tcl interface to mySQL client library, which is needed to communicate with db

and no, you can't get it from another guy and hope it will work for you (unless you both run exactly the same OS, system libs and mySQL server versions)
connection, sharing, dcc problems? click <here>
before asking for scripting help, read <this>
use

Code: Select all

tag when posting logs, code